What does a Sudden Motion Detector Do?

Jesse714

Tech In Training
Just a little curious, how its going to affect me if i decide to upgrade my hard drive.

thank you

... (which I believe is separate to the hard drive), are built ONLY into the Apple Laptops, and detect rapid changes in acceleration, such as if you were to drop your computer. It attempts to park the heads (retracting them) of any installed hard drives before they can damage the disc on impact.

JeffCGD is correct.

If this is a laptop you are talking about there is a software egg (if you want to call it that) out there that will let you hack the accelerometer and if you to tap either the left or right side your laptop or screen it will allow you to switch between applications. They will fly out the side the screen and a new app will fly in. Pretty neat.

The accelerometer is a nice safety feature. IBM was making commercials about theirs in the '99 era to sell their notebooks. But the alt-tab hack is pretty neat if you want to see it in action.

oh that sounds really cool, so if i upgrade my hard drive, its actually a seperate component inside my macbook?

thanks guys thats really cool

Back