What is you favorite E-Mail App for OS X.4.4

I use mail. Certainly, you are going to find everyone has an opinion. The best thing to do is try it out, or any other free email program. See what you prefer.
I used thunderbird few versions ago, and thought about trying it out again. Mail.app has improved under Tiger, and I have been sticking with it.

I haven't used Mail yet, but I have used Thunderbird and I love it on all the platforms I use (Windows, OS X, Linux). I will give Mail a try though.

I tried Thunderbird all day and it just cant seem to win me over I think I am sticking with mail too. The biggest reason is. Mail makes it mush easier to manage multiple accounts. If you have any suggestions I am willing to try other free programs.

Thanks to all who helped.

Someone will attack me for this, but I use Entourage. I need the advanced filtering of email that the rules system provides, as I have many different POP3 accounts and I need the mail sorted into folders according to the account name as it arrives. I also love the Project Center that is part of Entourage. It makes keeping things organized very easy, and I find that I work faster and am able to manage all my email and to do's, as they pertain to projects, very easily.

I've heard good things about Thunderbird, and, of course, many Mac users love Mail. Mail just lacks many features that I need, and I don't want to have to install this app or that app to get those features. I want one app, if possible.

I'm sure that if I used Mail I would love it too. But since I've only used Thunderbird and it's consistent on all platforms, that's been my fave so far. :)

Heck, half the time I'm just accessing me e-mail from the web interface of the service on Firefox. :D

I've been using Eudora both on Mac and PC for years with no problems. Plenty of features.

nixgeek said:
But since I've only used Thunderbird and it's consistent on all platforms, that's been my fave so far.
That's one thing that's made me want to give it a look. I like things that work the same on many platforms. That's one reason that I use Firefox.

Entourage is certainly the best thing for email currently... Shame the chaps at MS don't let you have it separately (ohhh I wonder why that is :rolleyes: ).
Mail in Panther was flawed, Mail in Tiger is effective (this is what I use), I found Thunderbird a little difficult on the eye - and to be fair, the way Mail makes to file stuff is a little irritating... but then professional communication software isn't what Apple is about.

I've been using Thunderbird on my iBook (Panther), but either it or Firefox keeps screwing with my fonts, with the result that writing emails/text fields on web pages becomes well-nigh impossible. I'm trying out Mail 2 on my new MacBook, but it only arrived yesterday so I haven't made a decision on which email program to use yet :)

Lately, I have been experiencing Mail.app trouble. I can't get the junk mail to learn. The same junk emails get through all the time. I am a bit frustrated with it. I did a clean install few weeks back, and since, Mail.app has troubled me.

SPAMers learn too. If your SPAM filter starts to let an excessive amount of the unwanted messages through, just put Mail back into training mode. When its SPAM filter is sufficiently accurate once more, disable training mode.

Mail.app all the way. When Apple introduced iSync, it became apparent that the _easiest_ way to stay connected was to stick with Apple's own tools. So it's iCal, Address Book, Mail.app, Safari and iChat for me. Might not be the _strongest_ reason for using these tools, but they're not too shabby, which helps. I actually find Mail.app is so good and easy-to-use that I haven't felt the need to try out anything in over two years. In my earlier days, I've used the UN*X command line mail application "pine", Eudora Pro on the Mac and Outlook Express on the Mac. When OS X arrived, Mail.app was the clear choice from the beginning, though.

boy, who dug this one out of the basement? anywho, i usse mail.app and have never had a real problems. works great for me. glad you decied to stick with it.

dmetzcher said:
Someone will attack me for this, but I use Entourage.

Same here, entourage is the best mail app ive found. I do use mail, but i find it doesn't behave very well with attachments (particularly eps files, which it tries to convert to pdf and usually hangs). This makes it unusable for work, so i tend to just use if for personal stuff. Its also not very good at removing messages from certain servers either, even when asked to.

I have yet to try thunderbird, i think i'll download it soon................

Back