What is your AIM screenname?

xoot

Got xoot?
I'm a bit bothered by not knowing people's screennames on this board, and I decided to solve the problem. Tell your SNs here.

Mine is xoot300.

gplex: You can still use your mac.com e-mail address on the AIM network right now. AOL updated the network so it can accommodate mac.com e-mail addresses before iChat comes out.

And xoot, just so you know... I wouldn't tell you my screen name if I was offered a billion dollars! ;) :D :p (Oh, and no, I don't use my mac.com e-mail address on AIM.)

Sim, ahhh really? do you have to include the @mac.com part?

Oh and btw, I haven't seen you much around here. I haven't been around here much either for various reasons. You should come on irc.lfnet.net @kilonet (that is kilowatt's irc server) in the meantime to talk with a bunch of us. :)

Originally posted by googolplex
Sim, ahhh really? do you have to include the @mac.com part?

Oh and btw, I haven't seen you much around here. I haven't been around here much either for various reasons. You should come on irc.lfnet.net @kilonet (that is kilowatt's irc server) in the meantime to talk with a bunch of us. :)

Yes, of course you need to include the "@mac.com" part. Otherwise there would undoubtedly be some conflicts. :p The only problem is that people need to be using the latest version of AIM in order to be able to see you online and for you to see them, and AOL only just released it. So hopefully by the time that iChat comes out, everybody on the network will be pretty much able to see mac.com users.

And yeah, I haven't been around here much lately except for today and yesterday. I don't plan to make this a regular occurrence, though. :p

Originally posted by xaqintosh
you DON'T need to include th @mac.com

Um, yes you do. Otherwise there would be a screen name conflict. Plus, my account only works when I use the login name as "simX@mac.com", not "simX".

I concur with SimX. I believe you do have to have @mac.com. I included it in my buddy list and its in the name when you instant message someone from your @mac.com name.

BTW, you can also message @mac.com people with the current aol beta. One problem I've noted is that when you use your mac.com name for AIM all of your buddies will not show as online and they will not be able to see you, because they are using third party versions of AIM or older versions. I've noted this is a big problem with my PC friends.

Back