What kind of app WUOULD YOU WANT someone to be working on?

vic

RRRrrrRRRrrrRRrrr
I am writing this as a parallel to the other post with a -similar- title, basically it's an invitation for anyone, programer non programer, to pour out their wishes (take this seriously please) and tell us what program would you want.

becaue i proposed the toast, i'll drink first, i would want an A.I. voice recognition controlled that would have access to standardized reserch and scientific knowledge, library, encyclopedia methods of catalogiing, and a complete awareness of all programing languages out there plus english sintax and slang (this would probably requere the volunteering efforts of a few hundreds, or thousands of people) this A.I. (it can be limited/specific not necesarely fully functional human counterpart) when given voyce order it would e able to program software, and or research information for you. the create software seems more feasable since after that the software would be able to access all these standardised resources and perform it's task, but if someone can get this thing to write the program and incorporate it into it'self so that it becomes transparent it would be great. anyway i'm not fancying myself as aprogramer, in fact i may be the opposite, but i would LOVE to learn programing if only as a hobby.

P.S. is there a good book on learning programming on the macintosh for os x, or Darwin? something that takes you from the very basic and gets you started with examples etc, there are many such cool easy to understand books for )S 9, but that's understandable since it's a older operating system.

Thank you for posting this message, because I was just about to request an application anyway.

I have started translating NES ROMs to Swedish. Unfortunately the letters å, ä and ö which are very frequent in Swedish do not exist in any japanese or english games. This could be easily fixed if there was any single application for editing the tiles of a NES ROM for the Mac. But there isn't. And there certainly isn't any apps like this for Mac OS X. But since there are thousands for windoze, I'm assuming it's not very hard to create one, it's just that nobody has needed one before.

If anyone knows how, please help me. And someone please ask for some easy-to-make application so I can feel useful. =)

I like the fact that mail shows how many e-mails I have recieved, but if I'm waiting for a specific message, bouncing out of the program I'm useing to see if the one I received is the one I'm waiting for is kind of a hassle. Is there a way to have a program not only show the fact that mail has came in, but also take the senders name and subject and scroll it in a Stock Ticker style window? it would only have to show unopened messages in it- and maybe it could have rules like mail uses to ignore spam or other types of messages the user could specify. Don't know if anyone else would find this useful- I just wish I knew what I was doing to try a project like this.

I want more emulators! Specifically Nintendo 64 and Sony Playstation. Sixty Force (N64 Emulator) is working on carbonizing Sixty Force for Mac OS X. I can't wait for that day! :D

Love,
whitesaint

i think avj joe's idea is prety good the dock has many possibilities and the graphical technology of os x is deffinetly not eploited too much by any app out there, i thin your request is prety feasable, i mean there are many animated dock icons and apps out there that rely on imput from aprogram so i guess if there is someone with free time out there, this is an idea that would be prety usefull if explored.

alexandert... waht is algebragraph x?

If you're talking about a graphing program, that graphs equations, I'm sorta doing that right now with REALbasic. I havne't done a lot of work with it recently because I'm stuck on something, but maybe I'll get back to it.

Remeber that graphing program that came with OS 8/9? I wonder if that company that makes that is going to Carbonize their program. That was a great program for displaying every kind of mathematical graphs.

id like a driver for my uConnect Serial to USB adpater... anyone?

they were made by Momentum US a couple years ago and have since gone out of business.

whitesaint: That day may be closer than you expect! :D

Great thread guys, I'm fresh out of idea's of things to develop...so I've been taking lessons on php for my website.

Keep the idea's coming...

You what game would rock? A game like the screensaver stratwars ;) That would be sooooo cool. If only I had the opengl and networking skill, lol.
Right now I'm playing with my dockling Dockprefs and a program that does programmable actions when the computer wakes up, maybe someday on other events also...
This is a good thread for ideas though, my biggest problem is always getting program ideas.

If I ever figure out how to port one of my latest works to OSX then I can release it. Thus the StratWars type game come reality...REALbasic is a pain in the arse when it comes to OSX.

Anybody know where I can download a free OSX C Compiler?

Download it at connect.apple.com Just sign up for a free account, and be prepared to dl about 220 megs.

A carbonized Newton Connection Utilities. I hate starting up classic just to send packages to my 2100. I'd code this myself if I was familiar with NIC and could get a hold of OS 9 source for the NCU.

Originally posted by Dogcow
A carbonized Newton Connection Utilities. I hate starting up classic just to send packages to my 2100. I'd code this myself if I was familiar with NIC and could get a hold of OS 9 source for the NCU.

My God, you read my mind. I came in here to say just that.

The Newton is still an awesome little (sic) PDA, all it needs is a way to connect to OS X directly. Then get yourself a Serial to USB connector and you're off!

Well, since mine was taken, I'd have to say I'd give my right foot for an OS X version of Roller Coaster Tycoon. But I don't see that happening soon, so maybe there will be a sequel and they'll make a Mac version. Keep dreaming...

But the NCUX would rock!

That and someone really should make a BlueTooth adapter for the Newton. (And I have an odd feeling it will happen after seeing the iTunes device) Combine that with an OS X NCU and you've got yourself the perfect Apple Branded PDA.

Back