What's your most treasured bit-o-hardware?

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
my wacom graphire2 - i often wonder what i did without it.

i also like my cheap little digital camera a lot, but it doesn't get used everyday like the graphire tablet.

I now know what you mean Ed!
And I must agree, my new Wacom Graphire2 Tablet and my Olympus D150 Digital Camera! :)

Ok so not the greatest, but decent for my current needs.
Getting the hang of tablet drawing - and the wireless, ball-less, battery-less mouse is great!

And my camera with Recharchable batteries and a PCMCIA Card Reader for my Printer for dirt cheap (store's fault and they discounted $30!) that activated the "no computer necessary to print" feature with Roll Paper support (now if Epson would only get off their sorry rears and finish the Printer drivers already! I have workarounds but this is nuts!)

However... It maybe really old, have a low colour count, maybe that my calculator seems faster and that my iPod beats the storage ability many times over, it can dream about having a cdrom feature! but i love it to bits! It's my My Colour Classic II ! :)

Now shoved to the side, living amungs the boxes in the storage room. If i had to move... it'll be the first item i'd take tho. I still have the original Box, Manuals, strange plastic thingy for the Floppys... oh.. and a boxy looking mouse!

Does anyone still own one? or is it just me??

My main peripheral is a Kensington Turbo Mouse. Four buttons and billiard ball! Got one for my PC at work, got one for my girlfriend's Mac SE, got a spare here just in case.

My main speakers are a close second... KLH Model 24. Older than I am, the kind of thing you'd pass over at a yard sale... but they're so crystal clear you can read the sound engineer's mind!

oh, I have to add my cable modem. That is arguably my favorite piece of hardware (but who's gonna do the arguing? :p)

Even though I'm angered at the lack of OSX scanning and printing support, I gotta go with my Epson StylusScan 2500. I don't know how i'll ever go back to a regular printer now that I've had this little gem. Being able to make photocopies on the fly without messing with the computer has saved my butt many a times. A multifunction printer/scanner is a must for me now. :D

I really like my MIDI music set up. I have a keyboard, a little mixer, a MIDI control box, and two sound synthesizers. I haven't hooked it up to my iBook yet, it is still on the iMac.
But I think my favorite is my Airport card/base station.

Oh, and sorry for resurrecting this thread, I know it is old, but I wanted to add my opinion.

My Quadra 650, my dually G4 at work, and my "Slackthlon" PC (Slackware 9.1, Athlon XP 2400+ w/ 512MB RAM....yes it has Windows, but what can I do....the wife likes Windows. :rolleyes: That and I can't get this wireless card to work under Linux....darned D-Link people! :mad:)

My Quadra 650 (I wouldn't give that up for anything)
My Athlon XP 2400+ PC (I know it's not a Mac, but I built it myself and I'm quite proud of it :D)

AirPort, cuz once you go wireless, you certainly don't want to go back.

Honorable mentions: iPod, my cell phone (Nokia 6600).

My 10 gig iPod and my original NES that still works. You gotta love Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros. 3.

My Acatel ADSL Modem... My Mac would be nothing witout my fast interent connection. It makes much of what I do possible.

:)

Back