When print center unexpectly quits.

vic

RRRrrrRRRrrrRRrrr
what am i supposed to do when after i get the message "you have no printers selected" and i click add,, print center quits? reinstall the OS? please help, i can't print!!!

well, i don't think reinstalling the os is going to help.
?'s - what version of osx are you using? what app(s) are you trying to print from? what kind of printer?

i have gotten this message a couple of times for different reasons. it can be remedied and may even have to do with system version you are using if it is 10.1 but not 10.1.2. appleworks 6.2.2 solves this problem when it occurs in AW.

it occurs anywhere from any app, (print center is an app in itself) even if i only turn on print center by itself, it doesn not detect my epson printer (which for a time it did) ands asks me to define one, when i aprove, it unnexpentantly quits. i am using os x 10.1 server.

well you've lost me when you are running server. i know that many bugs with print center were resolved with 10.1.1 or maybe it was 10.1.2 of the consumer osx. very specific problems having to do with AW were fixed in 6.2.2. since these updates i am no longer getting the problems.
you are using page setup first in every app and seleccting the printer to be associated with the application, right? never hurts to do this every time you go to print a doc.

i also know there was a problem with printing in 10.1 if your dock was anywhere but on the bottom.

Ed, I disagree -- reinstalling the OS helps for SO many things. And it might even resolve the issue you are having now, vic. But if you're running OS X server, I dunno. Apple just released OS X Server 10.1.2, so you might want to try installing that and seeing what happens.

The other thing you can do, is insert your OS X Server install CD, and then download Pacifist to extract just the Print Center application. See if that helps. Pacifist is available on www.versiontracker.com

Back