Where abouts are you from?

Where are you from?

• North America: USA, Canada, Greenland etc...

• Latin America: Mexico, Brazil, Argentina etc...

• Western Europe: Germany, France, UK, Ireland etc...

• Eastern Europe: Greece, Turkey, Israel, Russia etc...

• Africa: Egypt, Morroco, South Africa, Kenya etc..

• Western Asia: India, Pakistan, CIS

• East Asia: Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan etc...

• Australasia: New Zealand, Fiji, Papa New Guinea etc...

• Antarctica: Any research scientists stuck out there?

• Other: Polynesia, Easter Island, Mars etc...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm an Aussie; about two hours south of Sydney, in New South Wales.

Have you ever been to the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne? I love F1; I've been to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone...what an experience!

I was born a few blocks from the Carlow East. If you know that bar you know where I was born and raised. No matter.
1. Israel is in the Middle East.Period
2. Greenland is just that...Greenland. Artic, North America, Europe? Who cares.It's what it is: a big windy, icy, chilly rock with polar bears and warm houses with nice people inside. However many years ago there was a trick question: Which European State controls the most territory outside its proper borders (i.e. colonies). England? France? Portugal? No. Denmark.
3. Turkey shmurkey. No decision on this country entering to EC yet. Brussels will decide one of these days. Depends what countries in the EC who want a Muslim State in the Community. And Kurdistan? Still a toss up.
4. Europe ends at the Rurals. But then again that could change too.
5. Scottish friends call the English..."them." What does that mean?
Enjoying your "poll." All the best of luck, Henry

reed said:
Scottish friends call the English..."them." What does that mean?

I guess it implies that the Scots have a different identity to the English. Let's face it, 99% of the world confuse great Britain with England. Just for the record:

1. The island north of France and east of Ireland is called Great Britain, not England.
2. It has the suffix 'Great", not because of its former empire, but to distinguish it from Brittainy (Little Britain').
3. England makes up two-thirds of the island, but its people make up 80% of the British population.
4. Scotland has its own Parliament and Wales has an Assembly (like Quebec).
5. The English have the best sense of humour in the world (well, in my humble opinion).

Interesting.
The Scots that I've met don't say such things. They don't have to...they're naturals. They laugh at themselves more than the English I think. The best sense of humour. Ever go to a Five (now six) Nation Rugby match? A riot. I'm seeing that as outsider. Now, tell me what "nation" is NOT funny. Could be another forum.

5. The English have the best sense of humour in the world (well, in my humble opinion).[/QUOTE]
;)

I am from funchal on the island Madeira :eek:

For poeple that dont know where Madeira is here is picture
madM01.gif

British humor is lovely :)
Mh nice luno .. Madeira sounds wonderful, at least for climate (and people, culture, food..) so if we weren't planning a trip to Argentina (or Falkland?), for next winter (aka summer there) that would probably be on the list of places to visit soon.. maybe next year anyway ;)

Well obviously I am Welsh. My better half is Irish-American (born in San Francisco and brought up in Ireland).

My father sent me around the States when I was seventeeen. He gave me 100 dollars and a greyhound pass. I visited 26 states in three months. I ran out of money on the last week whilst in NY and didn't eat for five days, until I met an Italian girl who took me her favourite pizzeria. Heaven.

Yes, I know I am waffling, but hey this is the pace to waffle (or eat them)!

Back