Who still uses the emac?

I sold my eMac to my best friend for a substantially discounted price about a year ago. Up until then, I had done all my graphics work on that machine. He's been very happy with it, and it still runs Photoshop quite nicely.

Not that many people liked the eMac because of its size, but I have to say I love it. It's a nice all-in-one solution with a nice 17" flat CRT display. The only problem with the eMac is that it was unfortunately plagued by the faulty capacitor issue a few years ago (Apple wasn't the only one affected by this). Not all were affected, but a good amount of them were.

I still have mine. I primarily use it as a file server for my MacBook and iBook iPhoto, iTunes, and Garageband libraries now.

My kids are currently using an Edubuntu PC I set up for them, but I would love to get them something like the eMac.

I used an eMac as my secondary work machine until April this year (and still would if I didn't switch the company...). With 10.3 it was also incredibly stable - in nearly 3 years 1 or 2 kernel panics, once someone removing the power cable by accident, and once a power out situation long enough to kill the ups .. apart of those, I didn't restart it, as I didn't ever have to. :D

My kids can't kill their eMac either. It's kind of a blobby little spud, but shaped so they can't spill stuff into it-it is a very bullet proof kid's machine!

Back