why????? No Quicktime love

sebas

Dutch member
Why can't i see the live stream on my mac????
I get a green screen for 5 sec. and then a spinning wheel.
i can force quit, but after starting the stre
am again i get the same.
I'ts stupid that i can on my M$ XP with quicktime installed, but not on my Powerbook with 10.2.6 dutch.
my friend has the same problem, so it's not me alone

Go into system preferences, go to quicktime, go to transport setup, click on use this protocol and port ID and make sure port ID 80 is selected. Now try it.

What about now? Can you watch it? I could not watch it yesterday either... But today it works!

Boom! :D ;) :)

No, i still can't watch the video
I can see and hear max. 5 sec. of the video
And then it freezes quicktime and the arrow turns into a spinning weel.

i've changed the settings of quicktime manualy to port 80 instead of automatic, but that doesn't change anything

How about making sure "Instant On" isn't. That is, turn off "Instant On" from Quicktime Preferences.

No promises. It made mine work on a 56k modem.

Doug

I have the same problem, and the "Instant On" hint didn't help. I first noticed when I couldn't watch the MacOSXLabs.org webcast, which uses caststream Player 2.0 (driven by quicktime). Then I tried Apple's streaming test page (http://webcast.training.apple.com/instructions/stream_test.html), where Safari would exhibit the same behavior. Now I realize it is quicktime because the WWDC keynote causes Quicktime to lock-up with spinning beachball.

I trashed QuickTime.app and downloaded/installed fresh copy ... still no worky.

The thing I don't get, is I have set-up at least 5 other mac OS X installs (between work & home) and the other machines work fine.

Finaly!!!!
I've got it working!!!
there was a codec that frooze up my quicktime.
the stranges thing is, that it only happend with the WWDC video.
i've removed the following plugin: 3ivx D4 4.0.3

no i have to try if an update will help.
Not sure if i need it that much though.

Back