Will Ferrell switch video

Originally posted by Anim8r
OK, I just have to ask...

Is ubermac a PC troll? Cause I can't seem to find a post anywhere where he has anything positive to say about Apple or the Mac. Even on those rare ocassions when he tries it comes out as a slam.

So I have to ask,
"Ubermac, why are you here?"

Hey Ed Spruiell, shouldn't this guy get a formal warning for attacking me like this? These are some pretty harsh words. I may disagree with some things, but I'd never call someone a troll or ask why they are here.

Oh well, I guess I'll e-mail Ed and ask him about this if he doesn't reply in a day or two.

I think the commercial is neat. I enjoy the whole switch concept and I really like the way they are done.... (I liked the look at the Oscars too). And I like the Will one, because I think it is nice to see Apple take a step back and not take themselves so serious all the time. It is always good to be able to poke fun of yourself. Good for the soul. That is the same reason I like SNL really... It gives many starts a chance to spoof themselves, and I can not help but think that it is good for them.

Matthew

I have to agree with ubermac. It's not funny to me either.

Everybody said it was funny so I was kind of excited when I found it. I called my wife over (she's not into computers) and we watched it together.

When it was over we just kind of looked at each other and agreed that it wasn't funny to us.

While it's not really positive for macs, I thought the drunk gamers switch ad, http://drunkgamers.com/switch0001.shtml, was really funny.

Vanguard

PS I'm not a PC troll.

Originally posted by übermac®™

Hey Ed Spruiell, shouldn't this guy get a formal warning for attacking me like this? These are some pretty harsh words. I may disagree with some things, but I'd never call someone a troll or ask why they are here.

Oh well, I guess I'll e-mail Ed and ask him about this if he doesn't reply in a day or two.

Actually I questioned wether you were, I didn't actually say you were. I just get tired of seeing all sorts of negative posts from people who it seems have no real love for the Mac platform (ie; Windows users/trolls).

Nothing personal meant by it just wondering.

I found the Farrell spot mildly amusing, but I liked the punch line.
Also, as has been pointed out by someone else... you rarely find MS indulging in this sort of self-deprecating humor.

Will is cool, although that wasn't the funniest thing he's ever done, but his mannerism, and his proclaimed profession at the end of the clip, lol, makes it funny and so Will Ferrell. One of my fav SNL moments was when J Reno was on his dance show, lol, he couldn't even keep himself from laughing.

Is there a site where I can see stuff that Will Ferrell has done?
Video clips would be awesome as I knew not of this funny man before his "switch" video. (hey - I don't watch tv, what are you going to do? Shoot me? :D)

Originally posted by Anim8r

Actually I questioned wether you were, I didn't actually say you were. I just get tired of seeing all sorts of negative posts from people who it seems have no real love for the Mac platform (ie; Windows users/trolls).

Nothing personal meant by it just wondering.

I found the Farrell spot mildly amusing, but I liked the punch line.
Also, as has been pointed out by someone else... you rarely find MS indulging in this sort of self-deprecating humor.

Seems to me that you are lying, and have called me a troll yet again. Nothing personal? Gee, if that's not a personal attack, then what is?

well, i thought long and hard about the first post when i saw it - was it an insult or not? It certainly comes close. but it is also a question i have been asking myself. However i just took the time to review all 38 of ubermac's posts and i admit that he has made contributions to technical threads. He still seems to be less than pleased with a lot of stuff, but that hardly makes him a troll. certainly thinking the will ferrell video was not particularly funny doesn't qualify as being a troll. if it did, both vanguard and i would have to be called trolls as well. (i found it mildly amusing, but nothing i would watch a second time. but then i only find will ferrell mildly amusing in general). so at this point i would like to consider this a question asked and answered. no, he does not appear to be a true troll.

some people are going to reflect negativity. as long as they do so within the rules of this site, then they are entitled to do so. we should not question everyone's intentions when this happens. so i would simply ask everyone to keep their opinions about others to themselves or to privately communicate with the moderators if you suspect someone is here to cause trouble. we will then keep a more watchful eye upon them. publicly questioning someone's intentions is not generally very productive.

ubermac - i wouldn't be so quick to point fingers and suggest punishments after your recent string of deleted posts that got no personal action taken against you. consider the lack of action taken here as an equal judgement. however i will be quick to step in and issue warnings to either you or others if anything more like this continues. you are right - we won't put up with flaming.

if anyone wishes to discuss this further then start a new thread in site discussion. otherwise let's leave this thread to its original topic and treat each other with a little respect.

'nuff said.

since some people don't understand directions, the further discussion about this thread has been split from this thread and moved to site discussion as i requested. any more discussion of this subject in this thread will be deleted.

the rest of you can go back to laughing or not laughing at the video. sorry for the interruption. :)

Back