Windows 2.03/3.11

supanatral

Registered
I'm wanting to install windows 2.03 just to be able to say I've done it. I'm having a bit of a problem though because it errors entering into windows. Has anyone tried it before using Parallels?

Also, what is the network driver that I use for windows 3.11?

I'm wanting to install windows 2.03 just to be able to say I've done it. I'm having a bit of a problem though because it errors entering into windows. Has anyone tried it before using Parallels?

Also, what is the network driver that I use for windows 3.11?

Haven't tried Windows 2.03 yet, but I'm also struggling to get a network connection in 3.11.

Apart form the driver problem I almost forgot how much counter intuition they built into Windows 3.11 already! It's almost like Windows 95 ;)

When did people start to use "wanting"? I've been reading this more and more on the 'net, from both native English speakers and people with other first languages. I was taught not to _ever_ use "to want" in Present Continuous and I've been teaching students just that as well for years.

When did people start to use "wanting"? I've been reading this more and more on the 'net, from both native English speakers and people with other first languages. I was taught not to _ever_ use "to want" in Present Continuous and I've been teaching students just that as well for years.

Thanks for the micro lesson ;) As a native German (Swiss German, actually) speaker I might have occasionally (actually, more likely very rarely) made that mistake, too. I shall _never ever_ again be tempted to "be wanting" something, again.

I guess that's the downside of the globalization of the English language: The average level of knowledge is bound to take a dive. Note though that I have seen many native English speakers make glaring mistakes, too. We'll just have to live with that. As long as you and I each know what we're talking about there's little need for concern.

Oh, I live near Zurich, I can give you an English lesson anytime. ;) (Sorry for hijacking the thread...)

I'm kind of like that but I like to do old versions of Mac OS, I was able to do 1.0, 3.0, 6.0.3 and 7.0.1 So I've tried every software except for 2.0 and 5.0.

I do not think we are required to practice correct grammar in a forum setting. When people write long paragraphs or quote sources I have higher expectations. However, short hand writing like the one presented by the previous writer is acceptable. Maybe they have difficulty with the english language. I want, need, and desire products and services. I have been "wanting" a coca cola beverage since this morning but my brother bought pepsi. Sometimes the _ in your sentences annoy me Fryke. I would prefer commas but that is a preference. I understand it gets the point across or maybe it is a problem with your text editor but it's still annoying.
In response to the question:
Older versions of Windows are a waste of time. Even the proof is trivial because in the long term you will trash that version. The updates are not worth your time. If you really need to do it try Bochs. I was able to run Windows 95 on it once. It crashed all the time but at least I got it on my Mac. Hoorah.

Older versions of Windows are a waste of time. Even the proof is trivial because in the long term you will trash that version. The updates are not worth your time. If you really need to do it try Bochs. I was able to run Windows 95 on it once. It crashed all the time but at least I got it on my Mac. Hoorah.

Hear, hear! While the motives to conduct these experiments might exceed your realm of interest there's no reason for you not to present above statement as an opinion.

Besides, ever heard of computer history? You make it almost sound like you would also accuse users of other old systems of wasting their time. First of all it's their own business and second, there are reasons to run so called obsolete software that could be beyond your imagination.

I do not think we are required to practice correct grammar in a forum setting. When people write long paragraphs or quote sources I have higher expectations.
Oh, I agree. But I'm really interested in changes in language. I've seen the "wanting" all over the place recently, even in serious newspaper articles. Hence the question.
I don't understand your comment about using commas instead of underscores, btw. Do you ,really, want me to use _commas_ instead of underscores? Sure, I could probably do the bracket-I-bracket tags, but I find those take much too much time, and underscores for _italics_ and asterisks for *bold* have been accepted practice on usenet, E-Mail and forums for decades now, so I don't see a reason to move away from it. If anything, I'd like to *preserve* them.

Well...
If we are going with the grammatics and spelling - just because the _ and * work for LaTeX and other retro editors doesn't mean that people get less 'wanting' to see it in sites using vBulletin. There has to be some plugin for vBulletin that would convert that syntax to normal readable format.
It looks about as good as using the <a href=> and [b ] incorrectly in the text.

For the where and how to install, that will depend on which drivers to use for network. If using it in Fusion, Workstation, Player etc, you'll just use the host's network connection.

We English speakers are wanting in grammatical correctness.

(And way to go, Fryke, you've hijacked the piss out of this thread. :p)

Back