wireless networking options...?

ekramer

Registered
ok... I have an IMAC and an IBOOK at home using my airport base station...

is it possible to have an icon on my IMAC that allows me to just click and browse my hard drive on my IBOOK...?

I know i can telnet or ftp with the terminal window but I'd like to do this graphically...

anyone?

why not just use the afp connection. Go to the Go menu in the menu bar. Then select Connect to Server. So long as you have file sharing selected in the sharing panel of system preferences the computer you want to access should come up. From there you should be able to login and "graphically" browse the other computer. You could also make an alias of that drive after you connect and put it on your desktop for easy access next time.

I hope that helped.

Yes it is, it's called File Sharing. Go to your Sharing Preference Pane and start file sharing on both machines. Check your Help Menu for more info.

bobw...

ok I just changed both computers so file sharing is on...

now how do i browse the other computer graphically...?

I was hoping that an icon would just appear?

Go to the "GO" menu to Connect to Server. It will scan for any machines on your network. When it's done, double click on the Icon for the other machine, you'll get a dialog box for name and password.

When the drive is mounted, an easy way of connecting again is to drag the drives icon that juts mounted to your Favorites folder. Then you won't have to use Connect to Server next time.

Back