Word problems, need urgent resolution

Veljo

Mac Enthusiast
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I guess this will do. Anyway I've just installed Office 2004 on my new Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, and updated it to the latest 11.3 version via Microsoft AutoUpdate. Everything works fine, except when I try to paste something into Word the program crashes instantly.

I've tried deleting the com.microsoft.Word.plist file from my Library/Preferences folder to no avail — any other ideas?

Just word crashes? Have you installed all the latest updates on your MacBook? Have you modified your fonts at all?

Yes, only Word crashes. I've pasted text into both Excel and PowerPoint with no problems, so whatever it is it lies with Word.

As I said I've downloaded all of the Office updates, so everything is up to date. And no, I have not modified or installed any fonts.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to have fixed itself somehow...strange.

Microsoft has just, today, released 'Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.1 Update'.

Sadly, the 'Deutsch (.dmg), 'English (.dmg)', etc., links ... are currently (at 14.57 UTC) broken!

-----

I have experienced 'Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac' on a PowerMac G4 (MacOS X 10.4.4), Mac Mini (Intel, MacOS X 10.4.7), 20" iMac (Intel Core Duo, MacOS X 10.4.7), and 20" iMac (Intel Core 2 Duo, MacOS X 10.4.7) - all at version 10.3.0, and work correctly.

Microsoft appears to have pulled the updates. They are no longer available via Microsoft Autoupdate or on Microsoft's website. I am concerned because I updated my copy of Office at home last night.

Back