WWDC Webcast or Store

GroundZeroX

Searching for logic
Does anyone know if the WWDC Keynote will be done on a webcast, or if the Apple Stores will be showing the broadcast?

If they are, is anyone from the Dallas/Fort Worth Area going to it?

wel mac rumors are reporting that "No Broadcast?

At this point, we've heard that Apple will not be broadcasting the keynote speech to Apple Stores as has been done in the past. "

Most disapointing! I loved watching them in the past! I hope apple changes its mind or at least releasesa a video of it soon after the event!

There's usually a webcast available after the keynote for smaller scale events than MacWorld. The iTunes Europe one is a good example of this.

Last years WWDC went live! Why not this year? Anyway what I'm no wondering is what websites will be offering a constantly (live) updating page? You know they update it once every minute or so on what's being said at the keynote! Anyone know of any websites who will have representatives there and will be offering such a page? Thanx

I actually think Apple will announce the webcast live at their stores... I don't see why they wouldn't. I want to say that they announced the live webcast/satellite feed pretty late last year...

jobsen_ski said:
well thats encouraging, whats tech tv though?

TechTV was once a happy, beautiful cable channel dedicated to the tech world. It had such shows at "The Screensavers" and "Call for Help". They were a mostly tech agnostic and featured Windows, Mac and Linux info.

It's hosts were intelligent and in some cases downright hot .

It was purchased by Comcast and merged with G4 tv (Comcast's tech channel).

It is now a wastelend with mostly schlock gaming shows and a few decent TechTV leftovers (but without Leo it is a shell of it's former self). Microsoft is the end all be all as far as they are concerned and even the gaming shows praise the XBox versions of a game ovar all others even if it is on all platforms.

I have Phil Schiller on my buddy list, and occassionally IM him asking him questions which he has on ocassion answered. I don't know him personally, but he ocassionally does it out of being polite. I haven't seen him online in a long time, but today I saw him, and I sent him an IM. This is the conversation

AIM IM with Phil Schiller <schiller>
5:58 PM
Charles: is there going to be a webcast or satellite feed at Apple Stores of WWDC this year?
Phil Schiller: No. We may post it on the web later in the day as we have at other events.
Charles: okay, thank you very much Mr. Schiller, I truly appreciate it
6:00 PM
Phil Schiller: Your welcome.
Phil Schiller: Bye
Charles: you rock

You saw it yourself.

You aren't the first person to notice that. My girlfriend was sitting next to me when I IMed him, and she laughed at it.

Probably won't see him much more at all since you posted his AIM name here:

AIM IM with Phil Schiller <schiller>

LOL!

GroundZeroX said:
Charles: is there going to be a webcast or satellite feed at Apple Stores of WWDC this year?
Phil Schiller: No. We may post it on the web later in the day as we have at other events.

may post it....

I hope he was ubnder stating there and they WILL post it later that day or the day after or what ever.. if they post the launch of Euro iTunes and the introduction of iTunes for Windoze they better post the WWDC keynote!

anyway I've been googleing and it seems that a site called www.macmerc.com will " provide live coverage of the keynote, offering you the first look at Tiger. " thats from their story here http://www.macmerc.com/article.php?sid=1373 about the keynote.

I guess they mean a constantly updateing page, anyone know of anyother sites which plan to do this?

jobsen_ski said:
may post it....

I hope he was ubnder stating there and they WILL post it later that day or the day after or what ever.. if they post the launch of Euro iTunes and the introduction of iTunes for Windoze they better post the WWDC keynote!

anyway I've been googleing and it seems that a site called www.macmerc.com will " provide live coverage of the keynote, offering you the first look at Tiger. " thats from their story here http://www.macmerc.com/article.php?sid=1373 about the keynote.

I guess they mean a constantly updateing page, anyone know of anyother sites which plan to do this?

In a rather interesting turn of events... the wwdc keynote from last year has been removed from their servers.

I do know that Apple market centers will be getting a sat downlink, but you need to be invited or an Apple employee. So if anyone knows an Apple employee who works at a market center that might be able to "provide" the sat info, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Back