xbox live with your mac

wsj323

Registered
I have xbox live and when I went to xbox's website I said to choose a connection type and one of them was shared PC.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox/connectionmethods/intro.htm
And it didnt say anything about macs. So i was wondering if there was a way to share your xbox's internet with your macs.
I have a mac PowerBook 15 inch. And linksys wireless internet (getting it with airport already on my mac) and i have the normal xbox NOT the 360.

I think you've got that back-to-front. You would use the shared PC option to share the Internet connection that your PC already has to the XBox, thus allowing you to use your XBox with XBox live via your PCs connectivity.

Macs do this in a very similar way. In System Preferences --> Network, select the connection that provides Internet to your Mac, then go to the "Sharing" tab. Tick "Share this connection" and select the network interface you want to share it to.

So for instance, if your Mac uses Airport to connect to the Internet, you could plug your X-Box into the Mac's ethernet port, then go into Network --> Airport --> Sharing and select "Share this network connection to:" "Ethernet" ...

I did this and was unable to connect :(
It says my IP was not confirmed so it won't connect is there anything i can do?

Back