XFree86 4.2.0 : I'm Impressed !

Registered
I just downloaded and tried out the installer for XFree86 4.2.0

It worked great and you can switch inbetween it and Aqua . Nice work down in Utah , I hope all Unix applications end up beeing ported over this way to Darwin .

Apple is leading the pack with its OS X , as I said I am putting up my own OS X info webpage . I use Free BSD and there is /stand/sysinstall thats helps newbies do difficult Unix stuff . This new installer puts together alot and it works just fine and I have an X Darwin alias on my desktop , Never thought I would see that running on an apple software platform .

I agree with you, 96.9, XFree86 is nice. And the installation is smooth and easy. But I hardly use XDarwin nowadays. I used to use it for MacGIMP, but when I re-installed and got Photoshop, I didn't install it again. What do you use XDarwin for? Can you recommend some useful programs for XDarwin? :)

Oh, and.. you mentioned you use FreeBSD. Have you ever installed some of the BSD systems om a Mac? I was thinking of installing NetBSD on my old 7300 PPC, but I've heard much about the Open Firmware and its problems.

Kris

Back