Are you saving files to your local hard drive or a connected server? Illustrator sometimes doesn't play well with servers, depending on how they are configured; and make sure your file names aren't too long.
Some silly questions first:
- Are your ID files and placed images all on an external server or on your computer?
- Do the files come back when you reconnect them?
- Have you repaired permissions yet? This fixes lots of problems...
Not sure of the "easy" way, but you could import the cd to itunes (make sure it's mp3 format or you get AAC which is a DRM format; no editing I think) and then pull those mp3 tracks out and edit in Audacity (free app online).
Requires some labor, but should get you there.
I like transmit the best because of it's Mount as Disk option is so much better than SME (SME's drive icon is naff and the connection is clunky).
Use the latest version of Transmit or the Mount as Disk won't work. They had a release that broke...
iPhone and iPod devices depend on data being on the computer to sync with. Unless you have a Mac Me account that stores your data remotely that you can grab your computer will wipe your phone's data, though you can restore locally as the computer saves your phone data upon sync.
Make sure to...
You should have at least three different versions of your project:
1. User's local copy checked out with subversion from the test server
2. Test server on the web using xpdev, Springloops or other system
3. Live server where test server changes are rolled out to, also managed by Subversion...
First, have you repaired permissions yet? Do that first before you do anything else.
Get the app called TinkerTool and activate Finder Quit option. Quit Finder and start it again, no reboot, and any files should reappear, including your renamed folder.
You can also turn on "hidden files" to...