10.2.2 Is Here!

I turned on JSF and guess what happen.

People are talking about losing 10% of process or whatever, and crash after JSF has been turned on.

In my case, my mac DP 500 with 786 mb ram got more stable and faster than before.

So far I can't see any downside of it. I don't see any process decreasing when I save files or open files.

I am really happy with my mac, I just need a new graphic card :)

I am using "PC "at work. I can't use it when I need it most. When I open 4 or 5 programs to finish project, it run like PII 150 Mhz: I am using PIII 600 Mhz at work.

Well, I should say I love OS X.

So far there is a bug they need to fix... Spring-loaded Finder's window should pop up as the front most window! For example, when you are draging a file and spring-loading some windows while Chimera is the currect application, those windows are covered by Chimera.

thanks designer,

i just downloaded it. don't know if this little app has fixed my problem or not. but it reminds me about WINDOWS. :D

um shouldnt it be

the mind is like a parachute.. it works best when open?

parachutes arent exactly on and off, rather open, and umm your dead ;)

10.2.2 brought instability for me.
Everytime i open a "new" app that i didn't open after the update (IE don't use GraphicConverter very often, i open it once a week or so), it crashes. IE, Chimera, iTunes, System Prefs, QT, they all crash at their first launce in 10.2.2.
Disk Copy just gave me my first 'complete system freeze' in OS X (i've seen kernel panics and Blue Screen Of Deaths, but this was new). My mouse freezed and my MP3's stopped playing.
Dock response has improved indeed, but to wait 0,16 seconds less for an instable OS... :s :(

With journaling turned on, I haven't noticed any performance hit. What I have noticed is an incredible speed-up in app launch time. I have the Dock set to show the pulsating triangles instead of the bouncing icons, and every app launches after one little triangle throb! Not even a complete pulsation!
I did have 2 kernel panics the first day, but I think one was my fault (trying to do CLI stuff while simultaneously editing my .tcshrc). But nothing since, and journaling made sure there was no harm done.

Ok, so this may seem a little trivial for some of the experts out there, but i have to ask because it's bugging me. I have two systems running jaguar 10.2, i want to do the update via software update, but i only think i should have to download this once. Is there a way to do the update on one system and then copy some sort of downloaded file to update the other system without having to go through the whole download process again?

Any response would be appreciated, its for this reason only that i haven't updated yet, and i just bought a new TiBook set to arrive on monday, so i'm quite psyched.

Also under the File (I think) menu in Software Update you can choose to "Download checked items to Desktop" before you install an update.

1) Do the installation once with Software Update.

2) Before quitting from Software Update or clicking "Restart...", go to menu Update and use item "Save As...". Tht gives you a package (.pkg) file that you can transfer and use on other computers.

Note and warning: SU saves package files (really folders) of exactly the same name in folder Library:Receipts, but those versions only contain "information files", not the actual compressed software. I suppose that the Receipts are used by Software Update to work out what versions of everything have been installed so far.

thanks, I managed to d/l the update from apples site, but for some reason it told me i cant update on the system due to insuffient requirements. I saw that software d/l said combined update, and at apple it didn't. I only hope that i don't have to d/l 10.2.1 as well. Will see soon, but thanks for the help.

I have seen no difference at all between 10.2.1 and 10.2.2. The Nvidia error on bootup is still there, spring-loaded folders still do not work correctly.

i've been reading that a lot of people are having serious problems with 10.2.2 and 10.2.1, i'm begining to think that i should stick with 10.2. I haven't had much issues with it other than when i first installed.

Originally posted by MacLuv
Read your own quote over again, dude... oh sorry, you were replying to Toast... ug... read my quote below... it's from the dhali himself... and it's "opened"...

My cat is definately 46 years old...

ah didnt know you had that in your sig, i thought he was just saying it wrong :)

sorry!

Back