10.2.3 new brushed interface?

i also think that Apple has to use this bar from iSync
index_warning09272002.gif

in all Error/Attention/Remark-windows! That's such a cool bar!

Hmm... I'm glad Apple ONLY uses this for what it's thought for: Warning you that you might lose data by your own action. I wouldn't want to see this anytime I should pay some attention.

I would love to see those recessed buttons for the whole thing. I hate how they are now, like little buttons that were stuck on. They don't look integrated at all. Even worse on the brushed aluminum apps. I think the OS 9 buttons looked much better on iTunes than the OS X.

And yeah, I use the Graphite theme because I hate the traffic light colored buttons. I like the aqua colored scrollbars and such, but hate the buttons so much that I leave it at Graphite. If they would make the buttons all aqua or something, I would love that.

I tho like the Aqua interface. I think it is much better than Windows XP's... At least the interface is much cleaner.

Windows XP is out of this equation, anyway. ;)

I'm a Rhapsodized user, too, and must say I hope Apple will at some point find a way to integrate a cleaner look as an option. The stripes are too much, the translucency is too much... Graphite Aqua is nowhere near a professionally acceptable theme for Mac OS X. It looks good, yes, nothing against that, but from a usability standpoint, it plain s*cks.

Originally posted by fryke
Windows XP is out of this equation, anyway. ;)

I'm a Rhapsodized user, too, and must say I hope Apple will at some point find a way to integrate a cleaner look as an option. The stripes are too much, the translucency is too much... Graphite Aqua is nowhere near a professionally acceptable theme for Mac OS X. It looks good, yes, nothing against that, but from a usability standpoint, it plain s*cks.

My biggest complaint about the graphite theme is that in contrast to non-focused windows, there isn't enough of a difference sometimes.

10.2.3-brushedinterface-front

10.2.3-brushedinterface-back

*I don't own this release but I just found the cap screen on the web. Don't sue me Apple!

Very nice. :p Major improvement in the Graphite scheme.

*Oh, and ddma - It's hard to lie like that when you have my location in the background on those images. :D :p ;)

Originally posted by Ricky
Very nice. :p Major improvement in the Graphite scheme.

*Oh, and ddma - It's hard to lie like that when you have my location in the background on those images. :D :p ;)

Stupid Reply: Why can't they just make Aqua but instead of the nice blue use Red or a different color??? :) I know it's a stupid question... but I had to ask it.

DMCrimson...but the metal look likes you.

ddma...i have the doubt that no one will ever be satisfied with buttons even if apple does do this.
They'll be working and all of sudden they'll wonder, "where did this apple icon come from?!
Give me the option to remove it!"
The graphite theme is weak because when i was reading about 10.2 i was under the suspicion that the whole theme would be a graphite. oh well.

Originally posted by ddma
It really looks like the 10.2.3 release?? Who has installed 10.2.3 beta to confirm it pls.

I sacrificed myself to give it a try. I made a few wishes to my fairytale, and boom, there was 10.2.3, build 6G24. ;)

1st boot after install seems to be slower than 10.2.2, but I didn't restart it yet.
iTunes and QT won't startup anymore, they quit immediately @ startup. :(

The readme-file in the installer:
The 10.2.3 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, utilities, and technologies: AppleScript, Classic compatibility, Disk Copy, Disk Utility, Image Capture, Mail, OpenGL, Print Center, and Rendezvous. It provides audio, disc recording, graphics, printing improvements, as well as AFP and WebDAV networking improvements. The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest Security Updates.

For detailed information on this Update, please visit http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n107263

And here, the pics you've all been waiting for
:p ;)

Buttons greyed-oud.
0012.jpg

Front app, normal buttons.
002.jpg

The x, - and +:
003.jpg

I think it's ugly, i hope this doesn't make it... :(

Nope. Basically all stays the same, only the metallized applications (iSync, iChat etc.) get the new widgets at the upper left corner. This has nothing to do with the 'Graphite' version of Aqua, which still stays the same.

Originally posted by Ricky
Hm. ;)
It turned out that was only that time...
It was the first boot after install, and after a second reboot everything worked fine. :)

(My fairytale included an uninstaller, in case of ;))

Originally posted by senne
YOU use graphite!

What've you got against graphite people? ;)

Oh and btw, while the iMac's in the shop, IE on my 7200 is running graphite ^_^

Back