woops... applying rhapsodized changes the new metal look. and gone are the widgets. not replaced, they're invisible now... guess themes will see updates soon. :p

Originally posted by itanium
System Pref. and Terminal launch in one bounce now, not two. Mozilla launches in five bounces now, not eight. Me likes! :D

Mozilla launches in 3 bounces now not 5, me likes :rolleyes:

so many people and so many different updates.....
some people have the buttons (x/-/+), some people dont...
some people have brushed metal, some people dont....

my calc and i chat have no buttons, yet some do....
most of my comp has just the striped white crap, no more brushed metal, and my themes dont work....

i think this is a premature or f@cked up update

I'm liking this upgrade to X123! So far, my overall responsiveness of the system has increased....ESPECIALLY in IE 5.2.2 and Mozilla 1.2.1.

Not to mention the addition of my Lacie 48x12x48x firewire drive, now native support in the Finder and iTunes (yay!). Wicked Wild!

Now if they could only do something significant with iChat. hehe

the buttons look nice when they're graphite ^_^. everything is much quicker. system preferences is instant now, and boot time is way down. dock menus are quicker, too.

Terminal launches in one bounce. WOW!!!! I remember with 10.1 it took 18 on my machine. Oh, and what is that new little button in th upper right corner of the scroll bar.. weird. Not sure what the new "frame" window is.

My machine is much faster now.

Scott

Wow, it's dual windows, makes for scrolling back and looking at your old code, while keep your current code in the bottom window.

wow- when i put 'smoothstripes' theme on, all the buttons that were supposed to be for the brushed metal theme disappeared completely. d'oh.

actually- i just turned duality off and that problem still exists after restarting. whustadeelio?

Originally posted by ScottW
Terminal launches in one bounce. WOW!!!! I remember with 10.1 it took 18 on my machine. Oh, and what is that new little button in th upper right corner of the scroll bar.. weird. Not sure what the new "frame" window is.

That started with 10.2.

Btw, WOW! Definitely smoother in 10.2.3! Apps seem to open more quickly now, and the problem with the mouse wheel in a folder in column view the first time after login being really sluggish until you've gone to the bottom seems to be mostly gone. Very nice.

Spring-loaded folders still suck, though. So half-assed.

i don't notice anthing. Except my stripes are back. I'll wait a day or two to before i go back to duality. I'm worried there's issues. Then Aqua with no stupid stripes.

Twister

anyone happen to have a link to it?

software update doesnt want to update me from 6g26 ;)

Originally posted by celeborn
How odd - I'm using the SmoothStripes (squared) theme and am having no problems at all.

for the newbies which I am... Where can I get these themes?

Well, after installing this update, I was fairly unimpressed.... maybe a tiny difference in speed, if any....new buttons in the brushed metal.... big deal..... and THEN I launched iCal!

SPEEDY! It's like a regular calendar app now! It's usable! right? or is it just me?

Back