10.2 $69 + Tax

YES! $69! Educational discount and i'm completely entitled to it!

I do understand the concerns over fraud in purchasing Apple hardware/software this way. It was TOO easy to sign up for the Educational discount. No proof was required, I just had to "agree" to some terms on one page saying that I AM a student or faculty member and that I'll only purchase one qualifying computer per school year.

Hell, even if they do crack down on who they give educational discounts to, I'm still legit. YES! $69! Woohoo!

It's $64.50 on the Apple federal site (I work at NASA, so yes I'm entitled). 1/2 off!! Woohoo!

ElDiablo-- It's much the same on the Federal site. Just click that you agree stating that you work for the gov't. Too easy.

Apple should extend the educational discount to middle-school and high-school students. I mean they are potential customers. I think they would do a great service to us and them to let us get the educational discounts on things. I am a sophomore and I am a big Mac fan. I also have friends who would like to convert but they find Apples hardware way too expensive.

Yea I paid $70 something after taxes when I bought 10.1.3 from my College, RIT. I don't want to pay for it again, I only had X for like 4 months. Even though I bought it cheap, thats not the point, I have the money, it's just seems stupid to but it again in such a short time frame. I still want Jaq, I just hope they make it a little cheaper, so i won't feel cheated.

My Dad, who works at a College, ordered it for me for 70 bucks. I should get it august 26 or so. I can't wait cause i'm stuck down here with 10.1.0 and i can't get half the programs to work, espeically itunes 3 :(

Don't ask why...my computer has had problems.

Adobe gives Educational version of software at low prices. Our bookstore is flooded with that crap. You can't do everything with it, well I guess you can, it's just no professional and it doesn't come with all the goodies. Not to mention you can't use it for profit. School starts Sept 5th, I'll pick up my copy when I get to Rochester.

Back