10.2 installation

Haydn

Registered
Does anyone know if the upgrade from OS 10.1 to 10.2 need format the disk ........?
Or that's just optimize it without alterate the others nonsystem files.....

I think it's going to be similar to the 10.0 -> 10.1 installation... you can either upgrade or wipe the hard drive and perform a clean install.

On the Jaguar "more features" page, it lists a "Clean Install Option" down towards the bottom -- i think this is a la OS 9 where you can perform a clean install of the system without having to reformat, and your old files and what-not will be placed in a "System folder (old)" folder or something like that.

i just bought an eMac from compusa last night, and they bundled the 10.2 upgrade discs with it. but when i went to upgrade, i didn't get the option to do a clean install, even tho it detected the old system :( i remember the 10.1 upgrade giving you the option to format the disk and do a clean install. anyone have more information on this?

hm, does anyone know for sure if it keeps your old files, and places them in an old system folder? I don't want to do a clean install and lose my files.

You can
1) upgrade over the current stuff
2) backup the current system folder and then upgrade
3) clean install

All three options are on the CD

Twister

Back