10.2 shipping this week!

hazmat

Rusher of Din
I had ordered 10.2 through the Apple store online, and just got an email saying that it will be shipping this week to try and meet the 8/24 release date. Very nice. I was hoping they would do this, as opposed to SHIPPING it on 8/24.

I'll wait a little longer for mine to arrive from Amazon.com most likely, but no shipping fee or tax.

Mine still says "being assembled" and hasn't changed status since i ordered it on the day it was announced. Hummmmm

Twister

I will go to the store and get it
I can get an edu discount online, however I dont wanna wait till monday IF they ship it on saturday :p

Partially Shipped:
- Iomega Zip 250
- Apple Care
- Norton System Works:

Waiting to be shipped: Dual 1Ghz
- PowerMac G4 (w/ Jaguar)
- OSX 10.2 Server

Even though this is for the Office (yeah, I'd love to own this sytem!) - we also ordered the Server version of OSX 10.2 so Jaguar is going home with me (I can do that, right?)...

So I am wondering why there's a holdup on shipping the system... I want my 10.2 NOW dangit! And I want to play with 10.2 Server! heh :D

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
I will go to the store and get it
I can get an edu discount online, however I dont wanna wait till monday IF they ship it on saturday :p

Wow, doesn't that work out to about $30 per day for OSX? I guess you weren't one of the guys that complained about the .mac pricing. :)

Vanguard

I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but last time i bought a mac (applestore online, edu discount), they actually got it to me on saturday (read: they paid for saturday delivery). I really couldn't believe this, it was no extra charge and got to my mom's house before I did (I was away). Since I must be one of their best customers, I'll probably receive 10.2 in the mail on Sat. this time too.:p

In the email I got from Apple, they said that they'd be shipping pre-orders for Jaguar early (Wednesday or Thursday) so that we'll actually receive it on the 24th instead of waiting to ship it on the 24th.

My credit card has been charged for the shipping charges (a bit over $5) but hasn't been charged for the price of Jaguar. Weird.

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca

My credit card has been charged for the shipping charges (a bit over $5) but hasn't been charged for the price of Jaguar. Weird.

Mine too! Maybe they are giving it to us for the cost of shipping! At least we can hope:D

-JARinteractive

I just got another email from Apple overnight, stating that OSX 10.2 Server has been shipped... but no word yet on the Mac (and 10.2 Jaguar)...

So, we're going to have:
- Iomega Zip
- Apple Care
- Norton
- OSX 10.2 Server

But no Mac... heh :p

*waiting patiently* :D
*sigh*

Don't they realise I'm like an 8 year old waiting for new Toys??? heh :D

Mine shipped yesterday (with free shipping option) and it's on my doorstep waiting for me to come home and play with it!!

Twister

Argh. The Fed Ex site says that mine was delivered, but I won't be home until Sunday night. A coworker of mine received his today too, at work. The booklet says nothing about upgrading, only new installs and reinstalls. I've only had a Mac since last Nov., so I don't know if one of these is normal for an upgrade. I guess by the end of the weekend I'll have heard all the good and bad stories around here. :)

Back