10.3.2 released

I'm interested, Veljo... How do you personally measure graphics driver quality? How are Jaguar's drivers (only talking for the card in your own Mac, of course, my iBook seems very fine) better than Panther's? Is it frame rates in a specific game? Or has QuartzExtreme taken a hit?

For my iBook, everything seems better in Panther...

Well, two dead machines from this update (12" powerbook dies at service loading window, G3 iMac (fresh panther install) grey screens at boot) Apple really needs to sort their QA process out 'cause I'm getting tired of rebuilding machines. Neither machines had anything other than a mouse and keyboard connected, neither machine had any system level modifications installed. From what I can gather from Apple's support forums I am not the only one having problems.

James.

You seem a rather seldom case, though. Haven't heard of many dead Macs after 10.3.2 updating.

I've installed 10.3.2 on three systems (Quicksilver G4/800, PowerBook G4/550 and an eMac/1GHz) with no problems.

ElDiablo, hold down command-v next time you boot, and you'll see what's going on while that grey Apple screen is up.

I haven't had a single problem with 10.3.2, on either my G4 (Sawtooth) or my new G4 iBook. :)

The only thing wrong with my iMac (when I run it under 10.3.2) is that it's slow. But it was slow before that. So, 10.3.2 did nothing wrong to it.

Startup seems really slow under 10.3.2 for some reason. My new 15" 'book seems to take like 2 minutes to start up.

Also forgot to mention I really hate the fact the icon spacing is so wide. I wish that was adjustable. Has anyone found a hack for this yet?

Back