10.3.3 and iChat

Jason

Eyebrow Moderator
Ever Since upgrading to 10.3.3, iChat has been using 40-70% of my processor usage. Quite frankly its annoying because that combined with 30% safari and 30% iTunes, I can't get anything done... how is it an 800mhz computer cant chat, surf and listen to music at the same time without major major slowdowns? :(

I'm sure that an 800MHz computer can handle all that just fine -- yours just has a minor problem somewhere that's making it difficult to do that... have you done all the placebo things like repairing permissions?

I could be that something went wrong with the upgrade. Did the optimization process finish all the way at the end of the update? Perhaps something is wrong with the disk -- Disk Utility should report a problem if that's so when you run a "Repair Volume."

Anything new to the machine besides the 10.3.3 update? Other software, hardware?

yeah ive done the normal stuffs, etc. pretty soon im gonna dump preferences and see what happens, currently im using 100%cpu 100% of the time... itunes takes up typically 20-30% while playing, and ichat takes up whatever is left of cpu usage, if im just listening to music and chatting thats 70-80%. if im doing other stuff its around 30%... that just doesnt make sense to me.

Back