10.3.9 Update - now many apps quit unexpectedly

crrtweed

Registered
Hi - I updated the OS to 10.3.9 yesterday and now the following programmes unexpectedly quit as soon as they are opened:
Itunes
Internet Explorer
Stuffit
Firefox

Please can you help?!

thanks alot

How did you update to 10.3.9? Software Update? Combo updater? Delta updater?

Have you done the normal repair permissions and repair disk procedures?

I am having a very similar problem.. All of my apps unexpectedly quit when I try and open them. Im on 10.3.4. This just started happening to me 2 days ago. I think it happened after a power failure, or 2 in a row (i have my surge protecter plugged in where the chord can easily be pulled, not by choice but its the only available situation). This may or may not be the case.

After it happened to me the first night i Pulled my hd out and put it in my old beige g3 (forgetting that the beiege g3's dont support 10.3 without xpostfacto installed from os 9), and then today I got the HD back on the original machine, and it was working. I have no idea why this could have happened. Tonight i cam into my room and there was the error on the monito saying I HAD to restart my computer right now. I hit ctrl-apple-restart several times on the keyboard and nothing happened. The computer im using doesnt have a restart button (old imac 266), so i had to flip the switch on the surge protecter to restart it. When I turned it on again I started having the same errors again. I just dont get it. I also cant find my disc warrior 3 cd which i somehow manged to lose while attempting to fix my beiege g3.

Oh when will this end?!?!

I got disk utility to open after a few restarts... And i CANT Verify or repair permissions due to invalid packages (-9997). What is this error and what do I have to do to fix it? Sorry if this isnt the same problem you are also having but I thought it was similar

cardrobot said:
I got disk utility to open after a few restarts... And i CANT Verify or repair permissions due to invalid packages (-9997). What is this error and what do I have to do to fix it? Sorry if this isnt the same problem you are also having but I thought it was similar
Did you remove anything from the /Library/Recepts folder? Is there anything in that folder?

Back