10.4.2 is out now.

I guess I was expecting it to be a System Preference pane like the 3rd-party utility that managed widgets.

I don't read rumor sites much. I wasn't holding my breath for this update, as 10.4.1 was serving me quite well for what I use the computer for.

Didn't they say that they reduced the memory usage of widgets? My widgets still take up about 20 MB each which is OTT in my opinion.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I guess I was expecting it to be a System Preference pane like the 3rd-party utility that managed widgets.

I don't read rumor sites much. I wasn't holding my breath for this update, as 10.4.1 was serving me quite well for what I use the computer for.

Same here.

aristos said:
Software Update unexpectedly quit, so I had to download and install the Delta update manually. Safari's version is, IIRC, 402.2, and the About this Mac box displays version 10.4.2, but Finder -> About Finder yields "The Macintosh Desktop Experience 10.4.1"

Anyone else seeing this, too?

Yeah, but before I installed 10.4.2, the finder version was 10.4

The Finder version may or may not appear to be in sync with the actual System version across updates. It's perfectly normal.

The Mac OS X 10.4.2 update updates your entire system -- some applications get bumped to version 2, some get bumped to 4.6.1, others get bumped to 10.4.1 and yet others get bumped to 0.4.56.11a. The system as a whole is at 10.4.2. Some applications inherit the system-wide 10.4.2 version while others don't... and still others are just a point or two off from the system-wide version.

I encounter a bit of rougness. Software update quit on me too. When I downloaded the update and installed and restarted I couldn';t connect to the web. On second restart that corrected. The restart after install took forever but it finally finished. I haven't seen a kernel panic since the upgrade but I thought i had defeated that problem several times before so I'm skeptical.

hi guys i updated as soon as the update came out, but what i am experiencing is that the fan on the laptop is working all the time at full speed....anyone else has the same problem.

PB 12" 1.5 SD 768RAM

even when you have let your computer rest for a few hours so it gets really cold? my fan starts at about 47-48 degrees°C and turns of at 45.

Back