10.4.3 problem!!

idhk

Registered
I hate when I have problems with my mac :(

Everything was perfect from Tiger 10.4.0 to 10.4.2, always used SU feature without any problems at all, but when I updated to 10.4.3 the issues brought up. One of the USB ports simply stopped responding at all and the keyboard started behaing very very strange too often. I simply work and type and suddenly the keyboard simply freezes OR the keys I type does everything else but NOT what they had being doing just seconds ago. When the system wants the letters I type get capital, also as I type text in Safari and then delete some word or phrase with the backspace, the text remains and can't do nothing to it, when shift to another program and get back to safari the text disapears.

Have no idea now to fix all these things.
A guy suggested removing the battery for about 20min and see if the USB works again, however it didn't. About the keyboard and other isssues, no idea at all.

I think of backing up everything is DVDs and fully reinstall the system from scratch and use the combo updates available in the apple site.
However, before that I would like to consult you first.

Anyone?

When you want to repair permissions on your hard drive - Open your Applications/Utilities folder, and open the Disk Utility. Click on the line with your hard drive name, then click on the Repair Disk Permissions button. Let that complete, quit Disk Utility, and you're done. Repairing Permissions is a basic OS X maintenance task, and checks the unix permissions, and if not correct, fixes them. Most people recommend doing this once a month or so, and always after a major system update. You can also do this after installing any software.

Downloaded the combo and installed it over the SU made 10.4.3. Repaired the permission, but not result.
I USB isn't working, keyboard immideately started behaving bad from time to time.

Suggestions? Should I go to full re-install? Should I reset something else?

Back