1008:5, -5000 Access Denied

crashoveride

Registered
I am trying to re-install Extensis Suitcase X1. It goes through the entire process & at the end I get 1008:5, -5000 Access Denied error. I only have 1 user account on my Mac, Admin. According to terminal ls -la:
.. is root: admin, evrything else is admin:admin

Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5
1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
OSX 10.3.8

Did you fully uninstall Suitcase before reinstalling it? It might be trying to warn you there's duplicate files…I'm having trouble locating the error you're referencing…

Also, try repairing permissions with Disk Utility on your boot drive, then try the reinstall again. From the "Access Denied error," it may be that Extensis is trying to install a certain file in a certain location that it doesn't have access to, possibly because the permissions may be set wrong on that location.

Repairing Permissions should do the trick... if not, that alludes to a problem more severe than simple permissions errors.

I have repaired permission, removed everything from the previouse install of the program (according to Extensis's website) still no luck.
Here is some additional info that may be helpful, sometimes when I try to install or delete software it asks me for the administrators username & password. Other time it does not. In this instance, I am not asked for that.

Well I just reformatted my HD & reinstalled all sofware. Everything works fine now. Thanks to all of you that responded

I have the exact same error & same conditions. Before I started searching for help, I repaired permissions, repaired the HD, & repaired permissions again. The difference is I don't want reformat my drive :)

Back