11:02

Bluefusion

Into the Breach
OK... maybe you guys can help me figure this out. For the last six or seven years (I'm 15 now), the number 11:02, with or without colons, KEEPS REAPPEARING everywhere. I mean, I can understand the number 7 or whatever showing up a lot but have u ever heard of a four digit number just APPEARING everywhere? It's totally unintentional, too... i mean, I really don't think about it, but it ALWAYS happens. Here are some examples... My parent's previous car registration expired 11/02... every time I look at the clock it seems to be 11:02... on a cable box i see "CHN 11 ---- 02 SET", on a stereo (right as I walk by!) I see "Tr. 11 02:00" (or even scarier, on a particularly long Delerium track I have, the thing just says 11:02", I walk by three cars all with variants of 1102 in them (like--as an example--4U191102, 9FW91102, FGFX1102... something like that, although that's probably not correct license plate code, but whatever), I even had a pencil today that said "HB 11 #02"... not to mention later, after this had been going on for a year or so, Mars Lasar releases a CD called "11:02" (which I like, btw!)... so now, five or six years later, it's really starting to bug me (as you can imagine!)

Basically, every time I happen to look at anything involving numerical displays, about 1/2 the time (which is saying a LOT, considering it's only for two minutes (am and pm) per 24-hour day) it says 11:02. (not talking about my watch, although INCREDIBLY FREQUENTLY i do look at it and it DOES say 11:02 (am or pm))... it's REALLY wierd, but also kind of cool. But, um, anyone have any theory behind why this keeps happening or (far more importantly) what the hell that number might mean? Any numerologists around? :) I'm dying to figure out any hidden meanings of that number.... so please respond if ya can! :)

(I thought of this because the last message I posted just HAPPENED to be at 11:02, and no, I did not do it intentionally. Coincidence? I think not.)

Blue, you've got the posting sickness. When numbers start to bug you, stop posting anywhere for one week - two weeks. :)

I have the number 13 appear everywhere (j/k). :D

Oh, I thought it just started to bug you. :p

Huh. That is weird. Try moving into a new house/apartment/garbage can and see if the number appears again. This can actually make some people insane in real life, and if you go insane, I won't have anyone to annoy anymore. :(

btw, just kidding about the garbage can!

I have no answers, but I can sympathize. Only my number is 10:22, and it's usually time. I almost always see 10:22 on the clock every day (either am or pm, sometimes both). I believe that it is psychological.

For example, when I find that someone I know drives a Toyota Pickup truck, I will see almost every single Toyota Pickup in Tucson. They're everywhere. If my mind is on the new VW bug, it seems that every person in Tucson has traded in their car to get a new bug.

Relax, don't let it annoy you -- the more you think about it, the more it will happen.

Of course, this is all just my opinion...

As far as I'm aware, I don't get the number thing, (though it'd be pretty damn cool) but I get déja vu SO often it's scary. It's like I'm living in the future AND the resent ALL the time lol!

Oh, and about the 13 thing... shut up :p I was born on a 13th. What's more, it was FRIDAY the 13th! Black friday!

Huh.... well, maybe it just happens a lot to some people... wierd.

Anyone have any ideas on the meaning behind 1102, 0027, or 1022? (btw, i see 10:22 all the time on the clock--practically every day, but I see 11:02 EVERYWHERE; it's a bit different :))

Arrrgh I guess I'm never going to really figure it out.

HyperNate: I know what you mean about the Deja-vu... I don't have it all the time, like you, but there are entire weeks where everything is backward, like I'm in the future looking back or something. It usually goes away for me, though--perhaps it's because I finally give in and "accept" the precreated reality? :) :) (watched The Matrix for a 30th time :))

Ok, Blue, think of the number 10. Think of it today, every hour, minute, second, milisecond, nanosecond, etc. I promise that you will notice that 10 is appearing quite often.

You can try this with any other number too, just a very long one won't work. :D

Hmm...I have basicly the same problem with 7:47. It's everywhere! EVERYTIME I look at my watch it's exactly 7:47!
I think I'm crazy.

I think you're gonna have to live with my destructive criticism against you, Blue (for more information, look at comic #5 of Volume #1 in the comics thread). :D

Destructive, not constructive! :p

I used to scan in my comix, they didn't look too well. Now I can use
Bezier Curves!

xoot: competitive insane poster, graphics designer, perl, AppleScript, Visual Basic, C and C++ programmer and the creator of AppleTalk (the comic, not the protocol :D)

I hate to bust in on your little conspiracy theory, but you ARE thinking about the number 1102. Maybe you noticed a few things had this number on them, and now it's stuck in your head. Heck, I'd wager a month's pay that you have the opportunity to notice it almost twice a day :p This is completely a coincidence

</bursting of bubble>

That number is starting to bother me! On my cell, it refreshes the Rx every second. This is what happened:

Rx -71 *refresh* Rx -71 *refresh* Rx -70 *refresh* Rx -72

:eek:

Back