15" PB internal layout question

LordCoven

Registered
Hey all,

Does anyone know what component happens to be under the trackpad on the 15" PowerBook 1.5Ghz? In the last month or so there's be a noise of something that spins coming from there. Not overly loud, but a wee bit irritating non the less, coz it was silent before. I'm thinking its the HD, but guess it could be a fan also ...

Cheers,
C

The hard drive is just to the left of the track pad. That could be it as there isn't a fan under the track pad.

Cheers, Viro :) That's probably what it is, then ...
Shame really - coz there's not way I'm changing out the HD for the sake of a bit of quiet. If it'd been a fan I might have considered that as an option ;)
Thanks again,
C

Excellent! That's definitely confirmed it. Its the HD. Has anyone else noticed theirs getting louder? It happened after I started playing Diablo2 on this machine. I'd already noticed that the game doesn't exactly spare the resources of any machine. Call of Duty is way better in that respect, for example. Had I known, I probably wouldn't have started playing it on the PB. Ah well - we all learn from mistakes, I suppose ;)
Thanks for all the responses :)
Cheers,
C

Back