!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Looks like some hard-core stuff. I don't think that's for me, considering how every time I open up my PeeWee I end up with bleeding fingers for one reason or another. I think my iMac has made me bleed too, for that matter. :rolleyes:

BTW, how often is it necessary to actually solder stuff when overclocking?

Well to those who were wondering, its the low-end one. CD-RW drive. And very little RAM... for now =)

Haha, what I typo :p

But yes, congratulations on the iMac! Make sure you tell us where your dead pixel is and when colour it is when it appears!

Mines hiding from me at the moment. But it's red, and it's 6cm right from the left hand side, and 6cm up from the bottom. I had to minimise everything to the dock, because I can't see it on a white background!

It plays hide an seek with me :p Hey, I'll do a screenshot and draw in where it is, in the same colour :p

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 27
Uhh, yeah. :rolleyes:

I can see how annoying it is to have a red pixel stuck on a red background (with red text showing where it is red)...

Welcome to the iMac user group :)

I've known about it for a while but I've never told anyone before... I'm not very open about these sorts of things... my name is BlueFusion, and I have a dead pixel at or around (900,250) (that's X and Y coordinates, if u didn't guess) and it turns green... I need some help.... :)

LOL

Enjoy your new machine! I love mine, and I don't think I'd ever want a tower again (except maybe to have a second monitor)... if the RAM wasn't so strangely set-up, I'd never even THINK about a tower again. As it is, I'm very very happy with my Lump-Stick-Rectangle (as AtAT puts it) :)

Is there any replace ment parts/addons I can do/use for my clam shell 1999 iBook? And no...buying a whole nother computer is not what I had in mind, though i would like to!

*sigh* I wish I could join some type of club. Maybe the loners club?¿? :)

Originally posted by nkuvu

I can see how annoying it is to have a red pixel stuck on a red background (with red text showing where it is red)...

Hmm, I didnt actually LOOK at the pic once I'd converted it to 50% quality. It's unseeable :p I'll take a NEW screenshot, with a DIFFERENT colour.

Originally posted by nkuvu

Hmm, I didnt actually LOOK at the pic once I'd converted it to 50% quality. It's unseeable :p

Ergh, it's too big to do a full size one with the ability to show a single pixel and still keep it low enough to post. And I'm too lazy to put it on my iDisk :p

Originally posted by Hypernate

Hmm, I didnt actually LOOK at the pic once I'd converted it to 50% quality. It's unseeable :p

Ergh, it's too big to do a full size one with the ability to show a single pixel and still keep it low enough to post. And I'm too lazy to put it on my iDisk :p

You woun't be able to see it, anyway, when ypu take a screenshot the Mac pictures what is sent to the monitor, not what is physically viewed on it :)

Originally posted by roger
But wasn't Hypernate going to draw it on the image to show us what it is like?

R.

and from Hypernate's sig:

:D

Eh hem? What are you deducing from my sig? ;)

I did actually draw on exactly where the pixel is and the colour, but umm, the JPEG lost all definition when I compressed it. And of course I know that I can't take a shot of what's physically on the screen without a digital camera lol!

But yeah, it's a bit of a pain the JPEG business.

Back