2 iTunes librarys?

Snaffle

Registered
Is their any way to attach another iPod to a computer with another iPod already attached? And not have any problems with them. Can you have mulitiple iTunes librarys?

Thanks in advance!

- Eric

You can have multiple iTunes libraries if you have multiple user accounts set up under Mac OS X -- one for each user account.

You can sync as many iPods as you like with iTunes -- there's no limit. You can only sync one iTunes library with an iPod, though, so if you're trying to pull songs from multiple iTunes libraries onto one iPod, you won't be able to do that with iTunes alone. You'll need some 3rd party software, easily found with a simple search on macupdate.com or versiontracker.com.

You can change the location of your iTunes library in preferences, so technically you can have more than one library in a user account, you just have to manually change what library to use. I haven't tried it, but I see no reason for it not to work.

This kid on a forum that I go to was asking this question. He has a PC, and he got an iPod for his dad. He was wondering if he could attach the iPod to his computer and add some songs to it with out his dad knowing. So what I'm asking is how would you go a long doing this? Is their something in the pereferences? Thanks for your replies!

- Eric

My girlfriend got her mom and dad shuffles and put songs on them easily with her own computer. She also has an iPod, she just didn't have hers connected. Make sure to have him remove the auto-sync feature in the preferences and not have his own iPod plugged in, then have him plug in his dad's iPod. Then he can manually put the songs or playlists that he wants on to his dad's iPod. That should be it.

Flomac said:
My girlfriend got her mom and dad shuffles and put songs on them easily with her own computer. She also has an iPod, she just didn't have hers connected. Make sure to have him remove the auto-sync feature in the preferences and not have his own iPod plugged in, then have him plug in his dad's iPod. Then he can manually put the songs or playlists that he wants on to his dad's iPod. That should be it.

Thank you for your help! :)

Back