20" Intel Imac - Keyboard Problem

llyrwy

censored affidavits
My new 20" Macintel has a problem.

The Keyboard dies randomly without any apparent cause. When this happens each and every key on the keyboard is non-responsive. The only wawy to fix this is to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard USB connector.

I googled this and found there appears to be such a problem shared by other users, and that it can be remedied by a replacement of the keybaord.

http://www.hardmac.com/news/2006-02-03/#5099

Anybody got the same problem?

I think you answered your own question :)

You should probably call AppleCare and demand a replacement keyboard.

I had a similar problem - more often than not, just the cursor would stick - mostly after the computer was asleep. I got a new keyboard and mouse. The problem persisted. Apple has found the problem - and will be sending a software update to address it.

AirPort and keyboard problems are totally unrelated. It would be best to start a new thread (or, better yet, search first) about your wireless networking problem rather than hijack a thread about keyboard problems.

I'm not on an Intelmac, just an old G4 server. I just upgraded to Tiger Server this weekend, and every now and then, the keyboard becomes unresponsive, usually after sleeping or sitting for a while. I have to unplug and replug and it works fine. Sort of sucks.....

Back