3 Button Mice (in use)

SoniCX

Registered
hi guys,

not yet i'm a ibook user but i am wondering wether it makes sence to connect a (PC) 3-button mouse. I do know that it is possible but what for are the mouse wheel and the third button? Are there programs where I would have an advantage? Can I somehow program the mouse? If I'm playing a game (e.g.) can I use the extra buttons?

thanks for helping

I Believe most input and many storage device hardware is not platform specific. For instance I just bought a 3 button scroll wheel optical USB mouse by Microsoft. I has a specific driver for OSX. In the preferences panal you can assign what you want the button to do. There are even univerisal drivers ou there if you cannot find one specifically for your device. I love this mouse. Good Luck. Most anything USB is a good start for compatibility. go to the mfgs web site and see if they have drivers for Mac.

I have been using a Logitech optical scroll mouse for years, without specific drivers. Just plug it in and everything will work automagically: scrolling, right-clicking and in all games too.

Same here. I've got a Macally mouse for my Powerbook, it just plugs in, no drivers, nothing.

2 Button and scrollwheel, assigned to Expose.

Perfect!

jonparadise said:
Same here. I've got a Macally mouse for my Powerbook, it just plugs in, no drivers, nothing.

2 Button and scrollwheel, assigned to Expose.

Perfect!

I got a logitech and just pluged it in too. New things appear in the mouse and expose pref panes. Push scroll assigned to expose apps. Button 4 assigned to expose show desktop.

I use a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer v3.0 and wouldn't give it up for the world... hehe... ;) Five buttons and a scroll wheel... nice!

You guys do realize this thread is over a year old, right?

Back