3 Monitor Set-up and OS X

redlinzus

Registered
I have a 3 monitor set-up that I can't live without... The three monitors are essential because I do a ton of stock trading and also design work that uses every square inch of the three monitors...

Just like the Beta, OS X 1.0 will not install unless I yank the 3rd graphics card. I get a kernel panic if I don't yank teh card.

My question is this: Has anyone gotten 3 monitors to work on OS X?

I am hoping that it's the fact that I have an old crappy ATI VR card that is pre-G3 as my third card. If I get a newer card I am hoping that it will work. But if Mac OS X won't support 3 monitors for now, well it looks like it will be 9.1 for a while to come for me :(

Thanks!

-red

What happens if you take the second video card out, and put in the crappy old ATI VR in its place. That would tell you whether OS X will talk to that card at all...

I too have three monitors and all three work spiffiliciously :) I'm using the Radeon AGP card as primary with older ATI NexusGA and XClaimPro cards for the other two. The only caveat is that the screen saver is s-l-o-w and only one desktop pattern is allowed for all three screens.

Now if only the other OS X problems were so easy ;)

I just needed to hear that 3 monitors are working...

Alas though, I have bigger problems in that OS X freezes constantly on me as in hard freeze and hit the power button...

Of course 9.1 crashes 3-5 times a day on me despite constant maintenance and clean installs...

I have a hardware problem somewhere in my machine and I have a sneaking suspicion I will never find it...

2 19s and 2 21s.
Right now I have the 4 ATI Rage 128 cards [1 pro for agp]. Works great.
I just got a decent deal on PCI Radeons, but I really want an AGP Radeon for my primary display [and for quake3]. Anyway, sounds like its a driver support problem on that older card you have.

Originally posted by Fahrvergnuugen
2 19s and 2 21s.
Right now I have the 4 ATI Rage 128 cards [1 pro for agp]. Works great.
I just got a decent deal on PCI Radeons, but I really want an AGP Radeon for my primary display [and for quake3]. Anyway, sounds like its a driver support problem on that older card you have.

You could really use multiple desktops...

Back