3 questions for a newb.

New2Mac06

Registered
1. How do i change my computer name? It is showing on the network as "Administrators mac mini" and i would love to have that changed. Is there a way or am i stuck with this?

2. Unlike windows drag-and-drop burning, or 3rd party software. How does the mac enviorment burn software, music, and files to a cd?

3. is there a feature such as the "task manager" (in windows) as there is in the mac enviorment in which it will let me see and kill certain tasks that are running?

Thanks a lot!

1) Sharing pane of the System Preferences, right there at the top.

2) You can use iTunes to make a music, MP3 or data CD, or you can use "Burn Folders" in the Finder. You can also burn disk images to CD/DVD using Disk Utility... in short, it depends on what you want to burn and how you want to burn it.

3) "Activity Monitor" in the utilities folder.

2) There is a "burn" option in itunes (for backing up your music), iphoto (for your photos) and iDVD (for making DVD movies). For files, just insert a blank disk and it will appear in the Finder. You can drag files in, then select the disc and click File --> Burn Disc. Or, drag the disc down to where the trashcan is, and it'll turn into a "Burn" icon as you're dragging.

Back