30th Anniversary Guessing Comp!

sorry, nix, its been done before. didn't you see this in the other forum we visit?
http://www.destruc.tv/minitosh.php
although, i'd rather have a color screen then black and while. can you imagine 1600*1200 on a 14in screen? that would be awsome!::ha:: but if they do that, i don't think it'll be a classic form factor, but the lisa form factor.:rolleyes:

I know, but I'm talking about something from Apple, not from hardware hackers. Plus, this is using the black and white screen instead of a color screen (a la CC) which was what I was hoping for. :D

I was thinking something that basically took the components from the mini and integrated them into the casing, not fitting a fully working Mac mini in the shell of a Classic Mac.

Hm... I still have a Colour Classic lying around here... Its Trinitron tube is able to do 640*480, I hear... ;) ... With a Mac mini inside, maybe that'd make a nice iTunes station in a lounge, where people could choose the songs/playlists themselves. ;) The "Mac DJ". ;)

AirTunes (in Airport Express) will eventually be upgraded into VideoTunes (and more video from DVD, Quicktime, iTunes). It is something that makes prefect sense to me. If this doesn't happen this year, then something like this WILL happen in the future.

My guess is an iMac-like 30th Anniversary Apple Computer with color alternative casing--meaning that users can pick any color for his or her computers--as easy as changing the desktop background.

Remember the patent Apple issued a few months back for this feature.

Okay, I win.

^_^

georgelien said:
Hey, the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh rocked!

I've used it before......not very impressed with it. It was basically the Power Mac 5500 shoved into a pretty case and given a ridiculous price. Meh...

Well, the G4 cube didn't cost about $10,000 when it was released. ;)

The nice thing about the TAM was that if you paid the 10K for it, the TAM was shipped to you in a limo and a person in a tuxedo would set up the TAM for you.

This is according the http://www.apple-history.com. :)

Actually, I wouldn't mind owning a G4 cube. I came close to buying one once. The only complaint for me was the cosmetic cracking that would take place, but other than that I thought it was a cool system. Also consider that this was a G4 system, and not a completely proprietary 603ev system which was what the TAM was. I'm sure upgrading was an interesting experience on the Cube, but probably nothing compared to the TAM.

Quietly said:
A Quad Intel 30" Black iMac, 16x Superdrive, 2x500GB HD, ludicrous graphics card, 4GB RAM. Costing some.

Good God...the thought of what that would look like makes me shudder.

However, if you're talking about the Power Mac then I think you've got something. :D

A larger version of the widescreen iMac, complete with wall-mounting options, and possibly two built-in speakers. And it'll of course come with bluetooth, IR, and wifi.

What about all those rumors of Apple being bought by Sony or Intel or whomever? Since Steve has now gone Intel on us (anyone else out there think he should have gone AMD instead?), maybe what they're leading up to is Intel buying out Apple but NOT killing Apple, instead it becomes a subsidiary of Intel (or should that maybe be the OTHER way around?) Just silly speculation here.

On hardware: a 23-inch iMac?
On software: iWork '06 Version 2 with a spreadsheet?

It's been discussed ad nauseum the reasons Apple didn't go with AMD. Had they gone with AMD, they would have had supply issues similar with what they had with IBM. Plus, Apple's main concern was with performance per watt, which was what their *book line desperately needed and something that Intel, not AMD, could provide for them.

My guess is a "ten years on" version of the 20th Anniversary Mac, see http://apple-history.com/body.php?page=gallery&model=anniversary&performa=off&sort=date&order=ASC

A 30th Anniversery iMac limited edition. Large (23") screen, two Intel Core Duos, HDTV tuner, and a unique finish and stand (styled after the 20th Anniversary Macintosh's gentle arc footprint, but more modern and large). They will be a limited run, very expensive (over $10k) and all hand delivered by a guy in a tuxedo, just like with the 20th Anniversary edition.

OK, I know my guess is a longshot, but I may well be close.

Remember the patent Apple issued a few months back for this feature.

Wow, that was a couple of years ago now I think, but yes, I do remember it. A case that can change its colour based on what the user wants would be the sort of awesome and yet ultimately doomed feature that a limited edition like this would need.

30th anniversary on april fool!?

I'd say maybe a new Apple Logo and a limited ed version of that
missing new ibook or macbook or whatever they will call it.

ergo proxy said:
30th anniversary on april fool!?

I'd say maybe a new Apple Logo and a limited ed version of that
missing new ibook or macbook or whatever they will call it.

Funny you should mention the logo. Maybe we might see a limited edition Mac (whatever it is) with either the old rainbow Apple logo, or possibly a small version of the original Apple logo (the Newton one). It's a long shot but who knows! :p

Back