32 bit applications

Whitehill

Registered
I have received a few warnings that no 32 bit apps will run at all under Catalina; and help to find such things via the System Report.

When I get the list in System Report, I can’t find a way to print just the 32 bit section. No matter how I sort it, it wants to do the full list which, on my system, amounts to around 100 pages! I can’t copy just the part I want and paste it into something else.

Is there some tool I can use to manipulate the list? Other than screen shots ...

Save the report as a pdf on your desktop. Quit System Report, then open the pdf. You should be able to highlight and copy just the section you need.

You can also click on the column heading in that app list, I think it would be 64-bit apps. Click again so the sort shows the items that are showing "no" are at the top of the list. (never mind. Looks like you can't copy-paste directly from there --- Cheryl's idea is a good one. )

Save the report as a pdf on your desktop. Quit System Report, then open the pdf. You should be able to highlight and copy just the section you need.
I tried, but the printed (PDF) application report is no longer sorted. I got it to display “not 64” first and hoped I could just delete all after. If I can save it as plain text, I can write an AWK script to strip out what I want.

Either EtreCheck or Go64 will do what you want.
Go64 has no print function that I could find and won’t allow me to copy the interesting lines.

EtreCheck and EtreCheckPRO can print, maybe even just the 32-bit section, but they both miss some biggies. I ran it on a Mojave iMac with MS Office 2011 and they missed the whole install.

For all apps above, I allowed them full access to the system disk.

Back