4th Generation Smashed Screen iTunes cannot read

EHodgman

Registered
I have a forth generation 20GB iPod. The screen broke, but it still played music. Shortly afterwards, my computer crashed so I lost all my music.

I tried to transfer the music onto a new computer with kennettnet music rescue in September of '08. I transferred a few songs, but a lot of them either play for a second and sound like they're in super high speed, or they skip (go silent for a second or two, then pick back up).

I have a new ipod now and I'm trying to get my old music from the original iPod, but when I plug it in iTunes says "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod "ELIZABETH'S". Go to the Summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings."

Also, it appears the iPod doesn't play the music at all anymore. But the screen still lights up when I press buttons.

1. Is there any way to find out if the music is still on the iPod?
2. If it is, any other way to transfer it? I downloaded Senuti but it doesn't recognize the iPod when I plug it in.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Try Senuti. It will allow you to copy your music from your iPod back to your computer. I've used it with some level of success in the past.

Back