5G iPods Soon?

fryke said:
Well: You don't _have_ to buy the Madonna iPod nano, mdnky. You make it sound as if you'd be forced to buy one and wear it on a lanyard all the time. ;) ... And I'm sure there are a _lot_ of people (well, girls...) who'd want their iPod nano to be pink.

I know that...I was just expressing a viewpoint. I don't see the point in releasing something that would **mostly** appeal only to one section of the population...I know quite a few guys who'd probably buy the Madonna edition if it had the same deal they offered with the U2 one......but all definitely would not if it was pink.

whereas girls won't buy an ipod because it looks like a boy-thing. it looks too geeky. it looks too complex.

true story.

a friend wanted a pink mini, but the shop had run out, so she didn't buy one. then the nano came out and she didn't want one of those either.

Hm? I see tons of girls with white headphones. Wearing nanos, wearing shuffles, I see them using iPod minis and the big ones, too. I don't think it's "too geeky" to them at all.

To be honest with you I've only ever seen one or two girls with a pink iPod mini...the majority on the LSU campus have either a silver Mini or a regular iPod. Same thing in and around town. I'm not sure if it's by choice or by supply.

That actually surprised me a bit...then again the one female friend I asked attributed 'pink' with the Legally Blond movies and wanted nothing to do with it. Can't say I blame her a bit there.

Well, the invitation seems to be in reference to a theatre and knowing Apple they have latley taken a liking in referencing some products/services to the origins. eg: radio reborn (Podcasting).

The theatre is where the true origins tv/film started hundreds even thousands of years ago and there is no better way than Apple using a theatre to start a media event introducing an iPod Video or somthing video related.

The red velvet theatre curtian is a popular theatre icon.

does anyone know whether there will be a website posting by the minute updates from the event as it happens, like there was for the nano release?...

Yep that looks like that's the new 5G iPod. I wonder what the resolution is, hopefully a 4:3 ratio. Anyone else not able to load MacRumors.com?

kainjow said:
Anyone else not able to load MacRumors.com?

They all must be overloaded...MacRumors works half the time for me right now and ThinkSecret has totally disappeared it seems.

according to macobserver no live updating via website is permitted during the event?

apple seem to have locked this one down!

Back