5G48 - nice

rhale1 : Hey you program in Cocoa!! Nice I'm just starting to do that stuff too. I've mostly done some old Classic ( carbon) stuff on Codewarrior on Mac os 9.1 . I'm actually a computer engineering student. I'm not an engineer yet, but I'm on my work term now so I get to do some engineering work as part of my program. Were did you learn to program in Cocoa? I'm using Apple's Develloper site mostly, but is there anything better else out there? I also found a kickass site with OpenGl tutorials, neet stuff!! I'll send you the link if you want.

As for project builder, I haven't installed the latest version yet. At work I work mostly on Windows ME (eeeeeewww, this thing sucks and crashes all the time, I don't mind Win 2000 too much though, it's so much better than Me) I also work on a flower power imac with 10 installed (not 10.1 yet). The mac devellopers that I worked with for a while have the new builds every 2 weeks or so. I've seen it on their machines. It runs much faster that is for sure, PB is much better too and I'm pretty sure they have the latest and greatest. But they mostly use Codewarrior 7, they have the final release for devellopers. As soon as I get 10.1 at home (I'm under NDA, can't bring copies at home, plus I want to keep my job :D ) I will get all the new PB and all.

Hey.

Yea, I use Apple's Developer Connection stuff too, along with this site that has some basic tutorials and some Q&A. I don't have the latest DevTools, as Apple's ADC Download page is an Secure Site and my 56k modem (connecting from 31,200bps to 45,333pbs) is slow and IE won't pause and resume "https://" downloads.

My 'current' project involves a Text/HTML Editor. I will give more details on my site once I get started. Also, I can only work on it on Sat. and Mon., untill I can get OS X 10.1:).

Take Care,

Hi everyone, I‚v just installed Mac OS X 5G49 (10.1) on my mac.

I didn‚t have a supported CD-burner that worked under Mac OS X, but I‚v been successfull burning the CD under Mac OS 9 (from the .dmg file), this is how I did it:

1. Use this command (in the terminal) to convert the .dmg file to a toast CD-image file;
hdiutil convert -format UDTO TargetImage.dmg -o OutputImage.img -noext

2. Go into Mac OS 9 (not classic!) and open Toast. Then use the option to burn a CD-image, select the newly created .img file as source.

3. Restart with the CD in your CD-ROM reader and hold the 'c' button to start from the CD.

4. You will now be able to install Mac OS X on your mac, enjoy!

/with regards
Ssargon

Originally posted by Ssargon
Hi everyone, I‚v just installed Mac OS X 5G49 (10.1) on my mac.

I didn‚t have a supported CD-burner that worked under Mac OS X, but I‚v been successfull burning the CD under Mac OS 9 (from the .dmg file), this is how I did it:

1. Use this command (in the terminal) to convert the .dmg file to a toast CD-image file;
hdiutil convert -format UDTO TargetImage.dmg -o OutputImage.img -noext

2. Go into Mac OS 9 (not classic!) and open Toast. Then use the option to burn a CD-image, select the newly created .img file as source.

3. Restart with the CD in your CD-ROM reader and hold the 'c' button to start from the CD.

4. You will now be able to install Mac OS X on your mac, enjoy!

/with regards
Ssargon

I just tried that, and it didn't work. The terminal command worked fine, but I couldn't find a burn CD-image option in Toast. Perhaps it is because I only have access to Toast version 4.1.1? when I tried dragging the image file to toast, it just wanted to burn the image file to the CD rather than the contents. Any suggestions? (other than waiting for the offical release, plus shipping time to Alaska, which I am far to impatient to do.)

Well it seems we are experiencing "the build of the week" syndrome just like back in the PB days.

This time curiocity got the best of me and I installed 5G48. While I do love the speed, and the compatibility, and while more languages have been installed I STILL do not see a DVD player in OS X, no burn util to make CDs, and still no greek :mad: ...

I have heard that other build are/will be out... I know CD-RW & DVD issues are/will be addressed but what about greek dammit! :mad:

Admiral

In response to the last post ---- 5G48 Has a DVD player and capable of burning CDs --- U say that U have installed 5G48 ? And these things do not exist ? then U have a bad copy or U don't have 5G48

Originally posted by acidtuch10
In response to the last post ---- 5G48 Has a DVD player and capable of burning CDs --- U say that U have installed 5G48 ? And these things do not exist ? then U have a bad copy or U don't have 5G48

thats right, I have burned more than 10 CD's from 5G48, audio and data with no problems. I have also watched a bunch of DVD's with the installer packaged DVD player. Perhaps your 5G48 is a prior version in sheeps clothing-someone tricked ya. If you dont have 5G48 and you are happy with the speed improvement, just wait till you get the real 5G48, it was the first build to show HUGE speed increase over the previous seeded releases.

I am now about to install my latest seeded release which is 5G59. I'll let you all know anything noticed as being better than 5G49.

I left my work computer downloading G64 lol :p

now if I dont see greek in there...
I am gonna learn how to code in cocoa and be a master font maker as well and code greek into the OS lol :p

Admiral

Back