7b44 ? :)

I installed 7b44 yesterday while setting up my vpn connection I noticed a new option to show your VPN status in the menu bar. Have a look at the pdf I have attached showing the menu item its the icon on the far left.

Attachments

• picture 2.pdf
    16.9 KB · Views: 52
I feel so dirty, I tried that yesterday and it didnt work...then again, I did repair some permissions last night.

Oh well, all's well that ends well...

BTW: Alice works!!

Is it just me or is rendezvous broken in B44.
[edit]
I checked it on my other panther machine which is an orange imac and there it did work.
It is now also working on my powerbook, so I guess it was a temporary glitch ;-).
[/edit]

Originally posted by WeeZer51402
New system prefs icon...i like the old one better

I personally like the new icon. It is very "Apple Chic"; matches the new metallic undertones of the system.

7b44_sysprefs.jpg

Also, this build feels a lot snappier, even on my iMac G3 450MHz. Anyone else notice this?

It looks quite good to me... I had little time to test it, but it looked better than B39... faster, better behaving...

And cooler too! :D

Nice... Apple is doing a great job...
If I look at 10.0 now... I can say that it is a really bad OS, compared to 10.3 beta :D

Ciao ;)

Um... Nope. Just an iPod 2.0.1 Update (constantly reminding me that I can't have that version of software on my Happy 10 GB iPod).

Anyone notice that MovableType no longer works? Is this just me, or did, like I suspect, Panther 7B44 overwrite my Perl install?

I've gathered that is has something to do with perl 5.8.1 not being kosher with MT's perl scripts.

Just installed 7B44...it seems more refined than the previous builds (duh)...and I like the sheet effect. It's not so flashy that it gets in the way, but it's still noticable. And if u look closely in the title bar...there's a little gap where the sheet comes out of. Like...kind of showing that the sheet is hanging from it, not just floating in mid air.
Example of Sheet Gap
Like that.

Is panther avaliable only to the developers it was seeded to at WWDC? Or as a registered member (not a paid member) can I get a copy of it somewhere at developers.apple.com? I want a copy...

Originally posted by seann
airport extreme problems anyone?
airport problems for me... doesn't connect at all using my airport base station. works fine with my linksys wireless router. I've tried everything... soft reset, hard reset, reloading software, noting works...

Hey is anyone having a problem with finder windows? WIth the aliases on my desktop, I can't seem to get them to stay in the same place.
Example: I open Applications. The window shoots too the left edge of the screen. I put it in the center and close it. Next time I open Applications, the window goes flying to the left edge again.

Back