7b53

installing right now, but i dont use panther enough to tell you most likely

hopefully they got rid of brushed metal ;)

Well, its downloaded and installed, still brushed metal Jason.
A straight upgrade from 49 worked fine, didnt have to do a clean erase and install.
Cant see any radical differences, although networking seems a bit more reliable, no blank empty network folders.

All the apps that were fixed under 7B49 are still working, InDesign, toast etc. and the problems I had with Entourage crashing under 49 seem to have gone away.

I'm guessing that most of the updating is under the hood stuff...

Upgrading to 7B53 from 7B49 did not work for me, due to a defective "User Disk 1", as it seems. I'll have to try again later. Right now I'm on a clean-install-from-backup 7B49, working fine.

hmmm, i think the upgrade was like around 4 megs....it took me like a half hour to 45 minutes to perform...cant they just include a simple update package on cd 1, its only 4 megs.

:p Stupid brushed metal.

Besides that, I can't wait for the retail Panther box. I'm glad it doesn't have anything related to cats on it, too.

you guys do know that if you click the upper-right corner finder window widget bubble pill thingy (lol)...it turns Aqua, right?

Yes, DJ, but you then lose most of the window's functionality. We'd want a Finder preference like this:

Brushed Metal: Yes/No

And while we're at it... 'Appearance' could also let us choose a "never use Brushed Metal -AT- -ALL-!" ;-)

But... I'm getting used to those big Finder windows. I'm pretty sure they (Apple) want us to buy new computers with larger displays...

What, it doesn't show/hide the toolbar anymore?

Fryke: That is a very Microsoftian stance, trying to get us to buy bigger monitors by making windows take up more real estate. I can understand it from a business point of view, but I certainly don't expect it from a company like Apple.

Brushed is great and I'm happy with it PLUS I think people will theme it anyways... :p

But what I would like to know for example is: if Color Labels can be seen in List View and not only in Column and Icon Views... At least, that is the case in WWDC version :rolleyes:

Also, if I can install drivers, updates, software in general WITHOUT restarting OS X... :eek:

And loads of other stuff that I would like to hear about Panther instead of Metal/Brush VS Aqua... ::ha::

Back