7b53

hulk i can answer the driver issue, basically no matter what system you use, most likely you will need to restart any time you install a new driver for anything system dependent... and external stuff you might have to disconnect and then reconnect it, just because the old driver is being used with the base of the system currently, needs to be quit, and the new one needs to be used (a little tough if its the video card, hd, or whatever)... restarts arent that bad ;)

lists - color labels work in lists, it just highlights the text like the other views...

(not directed at hulk)

metal- how is it more or less functional than aqua? it has nothing to do with functionality, i love the new "explorer" look alike way of file surfing... but not the metal... has nothing to do with functionality

oh haha, lol, haha, yeah you can hide metal, but whats the point, you lose all other options... AFAIC it seems to me, that apple is forcing it, and trying to make us think metal is better by making the metal option have more functions in this case (although it has nothing to do with it being metal) and punishing us who want to use aqua.

I'm with fryke... just a simple option, would be GREAT :)

It's going to be hard to theme the metal AFAIK...

i really like the metal theme. i guess an option would be a good idea. but then again there are apps to fix this :)

Thanks Jason for the valuable info...

Still, I think that OS X COULD and SHOULD install whatever software without the need of restarts... That's one of the millions benefits of having a Kernel based OS anyways ;) Not to mention the fact that some other OSes out there even upgrade/change/patch their Kernels without restarting :p

Anyways, do you like the Metal/Brush Finder or what? :D

Originally posted by tsizKEIK
i like the new 3D chess :p

But that will not help Apple improve their corporate image... Companies need NO chess let alone a 3D one! Only if Apple produced a...

DRUMS ROLL

3D Solitaire!

:p

Nah! A 2D version will suffice :rolleyes:

ahhahah

maybe a backgammon version would help increase Mac OS X market share in Greece!!!

PS: backgammon; Greece's national hobby :p

Originally posted by fryke
Upgrading to 7B53 from 7B49 did not work for me, due to a defective "User Disk 1", as it seems. I'll have to try again later. Right now I'm on a clean-install-from-backup 7B49, working fine.

Ah, heaven. :) It just worked the second time around. Guess the burn was faulty. The same .dmg worked this time just fine. 7B53 is nice. :)

Still two major issues to overcome-

CarbonCopyCloner is broken with 7b53 and Imagecapture onlz allows you to scan
from positives.
The choice button exists for transparencies,but is not active.

Originally posted by genehack
Still two major issues to overcome-

CarbonCopyCloner is broken with 7b53 and Imagecapture onlz allows you to scan
from positives.
The choice button exists for transparencies,but is not active.

carboncopy needs to be updated itself, it bases its program on the current OS... so really its not apple's fault on that one.

Some default errors... Like: Mailto-Links open InDesign. Particularly sad, because Panther doesn't let you set the default Mail handler.

Also: Illustrator can't save to .ai (Illustrator) files. I can only save as EPS and PDF (and some other formats I _don't_ care about) right now.

Originally posted by a-bort
So any 7b53 users found something interesting news in this seed?

It's defintely bit fster, the *a* doesn't work for me, ( I copy-psted tht). & I cnt instll tost titnium 6 cuz ity freezes @ the greement of the redme..

dmn this is nnoying

I have the same problem with Toast 6.

It shows the window but without the agreement, then u click continue and it quits.

Originally posted by RPS
It's defintely bit fster, the *a* doesn't work for me, ( I copy-psted tht). & I cnt instll tost titnium 6 cuz ity freezes @ the greement of the redme..

dmn this is nnoying

I may be able to help with your "a" key malady:

Q: Are you running Synergy, by any chance?

If so, quit Synergy and see if your "a" key works again.

Had this happen to me last week.

Back