9 June Security Update available now

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
New security Update available now. Check your updates.

Security Update 2003-06-09 addresses a potential security issue when the Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) is used to reshare a Network File System (NFS) mount. This update also addresses a situation where LDAP bind authentication requests may be improperly sent when using Kerberos authentication.

When Apple will let us install updates without the need of restarting? In Panther maybe? :rolleyes: Damn, this reminds me of another company which I don't like THAT much :p :D ;)

:)

anyone have problems connecting to netowrk drives after this update?
i get kernal panic after i try to connect, worked great before update..
GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hulk, you have to restart because it's core software that affects the entire environment. Not restarting after updating would probably screw something up - maybe badly.

That's why you have to restart.

Beware!

This will screw your graphical login page (you won't see it with automatic log in). At the login page use the return key instead of the graphical button after you put in your password. I think Apple is becoming aware of the problem. No amount of reinstall or permissions fixes will fix it. This effects all the users on the machine.

Originally posted by Darkshadow
Hulk, you have to restart because it's core software that affects the entire environment. Not restarting after updating would probably screw something up - maybe badly.

That's why you have to restart.

...I think that most of us know that when OS X needs a restart it is because well, it NEEDS it... :D

But still with Linux distros out there which require less and less restarts it is disturbing to see Apple force a UNIX system to restart THAT often! Damn, you could do even a kernel patch or something to Linux distros without restarting the system! I think that Apple CAN and MUST offer us non-restart updates/patches...

Simply because we are talking about a UNIX based OS here and not some supped up Windows OS :p :D ;)

:)

Back