A GAP ON CLOSING 17"?help.....

True, but consider: My previous PowerBook, made of titanium, did not bend. But it developed two cracks. I would rather have a case that sometimes needs to be flexed back into shape than one that cracks irreparably from thermal or mechanical stress.

I've heard from reports that there are some clear 3M stickers, around 1,5 mm thick, for the top corners of the screen, that fill the gap between the lid and the base, and when closed, the gap is the same between the two sides.

Has enyone tested such solution?

On my Albook, the right gap is noticeably larger than the left, giving an ugly feel.

For all you Powerbook owners (and for PC laptops too) you can prolong your screen and possibly correct your "gap" at the same time. When I first bought my old 1st Gen Ti an old friend suggested a simple screen maintenance tip. He talked about over a prolong period (1 yr +) closing the Ti book would cause keyboard key impressions on the screen (because of the TIGHT closing action of the Ti) causing dead pixels and such. So I found on the internet a former medical supply company that sells this.

I mention this because this product or something similar may help eliminate the "gap" you see and help you screen too.

my 15 unlatched by itself.
I considered sending it in for service but decided against it. When I am home, it does not unlatch, it only unlatches with movement or strong vibrations. When I transport it, it fits nicely in my laptop brief and it doesnt open, so I decided to not send it away.

Back