A iDVD Question.

Reality

Registered
Most likely a real simple one for those whole know about the app but I'm using it for the first time here so, I'm no good. :rolleyes: I'm making a simple Slide Show DVD of my family's Christmas and was wondering what could I do to make the time each picture shows longer. They go by so fast you really can't enjoy the pictures and I can't find a option to adjust the time. If anyone has some help, I'd appreciate it.

Reality said:
Most likely a real simple one for those whole know about the app but I'm using it for the first time here so, I'm no good. :rolleyes: I'm making a simple Slide Show DVD of my family's Christmas and was wondering what could I do to make the time each picture shows longer. They go by so fast you really can't enjoy the pictures and I can't find a option to adjust the time. If anyone has some help, I'd appreciate it.

One workaround might be to just create it in Imovie, then import that into IDVD. Otherwise, I am sure there is an option where you can set the 'duration' for each image. 2 - 3 seconds would generally be a good amount of time to set each one at, but of course, do what feels most appropriate to the situation.

I don't know how it is in your version, but when you double-click a slide show in iDVD 5, the option is right there at the bottom.... "Slide duration:"

Don't most people normally make their slideshow in iPhoto and export it (Share) to iDVD? I don't know; I've never used iPhoto but do enjoy iMovie and iDVD. Just seems that iPhoto is more suited to the task of a photo slideshow than iMovie is.

I have made several slide shows with iMovie - gives you lots of options for changing slide display duration, speed of shows, the various effects and slide changing options are great!

Back