A PC after Apple's Heart

This computer was reviewed on The Screensavers tonight (12-19). I guess the conspiracy goes deeper than we all know!

At this point, I am declining any direct comment regarding my credit card.

I will say this. I got an email confirmation of my order. Around $15,000 worth of equipment. Suffice it to say that it's not going to get shipped.

They claimed (on the phone) a fraud rate of 70% for all their orders. Gee, I wonder why.

I now concede that "L" is some type of functioning business. I still am befuddled as to what exactly is going on there. Why are they taking such widely varying, but existing products and rebranding them in such weird ways? Why is no reputable publication dicussing this company? Why were they so stupid as to literally steal Apple's HTML code? Why is not one single other company you can find anywhere using PuRAM? There's is a hell of a lot of circumstantial evidence, but no smoking gun, I admit. But this fish is still not biting the hook.

I am not willing to take my case any further. Anyone else wanna try?

Have to admit, it was a fun way to spend a Friday before the holidays!

mindbend said:

I will say this. I got an email confirmation of my order. Around $15,000 worth of equipment. Suffice it to say that it's not going to get shipped.

They claimed (on the phone) a fraud rate of 70% for all their orders. Gee, I wonder why.

I now concede that "L" is some type of functioning business. I still am befuddled as to what exactly is going on there. Why are they taking such widely varying, but existing products and rebranding them in such weird ways? Why is no reputable publication dicussing this company? Why were they so stupid as to literally steal Apple's HTML code? Why is not one single other company you can find anywhere using PuRAM? There's is a hell of a lot of circumstantial evidence, but no smoking gun, I admit. But this fish is still not biting the hook.

I am not willing to take my case any further. Anyone else wanna try?

Have to admit, it was a fun way to spend a Friday before the holidays!

Well, the reason you don't see them everywhere is because they are a small start up business with nothing all that special to offer. They offer rebranded computers just like Alienware and a dozen others do and it takes time to get biger than your webpage. Look at Alienware. They have been around for a long time but just recentally got big.

I think PuRam and some of the other junk on the page is just their name for the same old stuff. They are trying to be like Apple who has a lot a differently named items in their computers.

It's merely a new company selling the same old thing with fresh names for all of the old componets.

This again? Please, there has been absolutely no hard evidence (read: computers) to prove this company exists. And you just have to love the professionalism, like the links at the top of the Desktops page and the fact that their "mascot" or something is a stupid rock. And how they have a "special" version of Windows XP, just fo' der widdle compooters. And how come I can't find mention of Liebermann on Burning Logo's website, I wonder?

"Well, here's the lowdown behind the :L: branding concept that uniquely identifies everything we manufacture, and why with all reason, we can shamelessly plug that our products truly rock!" Yeah, I bet they sink like a rock, too.

Okay, Tomy, show me a photograph of one of these computers that either a) you or b) someone else not affiliated with this "company" took and maybe I'll believe you.

Maybe.

Mat: no, not really.

They're located at "8726 Sepulveda Blvd. Suite B-161" so some of you living in the LA area are going to have to volunteer to check them out. I heard it's nothing but a warehouse, or something like that, but I could be wrong.

Arden said:
Okay, Tomy, show me a photograph of one of these computers that either a) you or b) someone else not affiliated with this "company" took and maybe I'll believe you.

Maybe.

drammefront.jpg

mindbend said:

They claimed (on the phone) a fraud rate of 70% for all their orders. Gee, I wonder why...
I'd reccomend making a formal complaint to the Federal Trade Commission: FTC

I don't see why there is a big controversy about this company. It's just another small-midsize company trying to make a name for itself by selling really overclocked and "pimped" out computers. It's no different than Falcon Northwest, or Voodoo Pc, or Alienware even...except that it seems to be the new kid on the block and since the claims about it's technology, which is nothing special..they just have unique branding for things like their ram drive and their phase change cooling device, they have become a controversial manufacturer of pcs.

So far i've seen 2 reviews on it, the MaximumPC review(which isn't on the site yet but on the magazine) and that techtv screensavers review which was posted earlier. They delivered the product..and i'm sure that if you actually ordered a pc you would get it. Also..about the company being in a warehouse, i worked for a totally legit 15 year old computer company in the Boston area that operated out of a back warehouse with just a little department upfront for customers and orders to go through, so if they are a 100% web only retailer there is no problem with the place just being a warehouse with techs building and testing the machines and then UPS picking them up and shipping them away. :)

Here's the article @ TechTV regarding the Mach 3.8.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/products/story/0,24330,3589077,00.html

(realized article was aleady posted.. sorry for dup)

My personal opinion on this is that they are a very small company that is trying to sell machines with an obsene amount of markup. They compensate by stealing other ppls ideas (Apple's website comes to mind) and hope to bank on it. Scam or not, with anything you do on the internet you should always do your research. If the company seems to mysterious, don't buy into it. As for me, I would not touch this place with a 50ft pole.

I saw a maximum PC cover in the newsstands with the headline "this year's most controversial PC". I did not buy it but I also did not catch the name of the brand until now. I must say that it is interesting --- but my custom made system is close to fifty grand :p --- my custom made mac system is ten grand -- seems to me like the mac is a better value hehehehehe :)

Back