A4 default- how?

Aussie John

Registered
Somewhere i saw instructions for making A4 paper the default but now i need it I cant find it. Anyone know how?
Also while on the subject of paper any tricks for getting larger paper sizes than my printer will allow so I can create a pdf of an appropriate size.
Thanks all

<hr><b>
<blockquote>

"Rather than working with the PaperInfo.xml file, open the ApplicationServices.framework in System/Library/Frameworks and navigate down to Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings. In this file locate 'DefaultPaperSize = na-letter'.

There you should place the name of your preferred default page size. The right names you will find in the PaperInfo.xml file up in the Resources directory. For example: na-letter is name for US-Letter and iso-A4 is for A4 paper size."

</blockquote></b><hr>

Macfixit previous coverage
http://www.macfixit.com/archivesx/october.01.a.x.shtml#paper-10-01

The above instructions are slightly incorrect. You need to type "iso-a4" (lower case), NOT "iso-A4" or it won't work.

Also, you will need to log in as root to change the file.

or...

run the following command (if you don't want to enable root)

sudo open -a textedit path/to/file

and it will work...

A

What I usually do ist just to copy the Localizable.strings in the /German.lproj folder to the /Localizable.strings in the /English.lproj folder and thereby replace this file. After this operation that has to be done as root the default papersize is A4. All this works certainly without using an editor.

bioX

Back